Friday, November 11, 2011

Review: Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods # 1)

Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Publisher: Hyperion
Release Date: April 25, 2006 
Pages: 302
Buy It: Amazon / B&N

Schuyler Van Alen has never fit in at Duchesue, her prestigious New York City private school. She prefers baggy, vintage clothes to the Prada and pearls worn by her classmates. But when she turns fifteen, Schuyler's life changes dramatically. The death of a popular schoolmate haunts her in unexpected ways. And strangest of all, Jack Force, the most popular boy in school, is showing a sudden interest in her.

Once an outcast, Schuyler is thrust into Manhattan's most exclusive social circle. It's members are the powerful, the wealthy, and - as Schuyler soon discovers - the unhuman. They are Blue Bloods, an ancient group of vampires, and for centuries they've been invincible. Now something is preying on this elite group, and Schuyler wants to find out the truth. But is she the most vulnerable of them all?

Review:

Let me first start off by saying that, this book was nothing like I was expecting. In a good way though. I genuinely liked this book. It was a very easy read and a very easy world to engulf myself in. It was a different take on Vampires which was a nice thing as well.

I don't know if I necessarily like the romance between Schuyler and Jake, it seemed extremely artificial really and didn't really form a base for any more romance to continue on with them, but I look forward to see what happens with them. I like the character of Oliver, he is a sweetheart and obviously adores Schuyler very much.

I cant wait to start reading Masquerade now and see where Melissa de la Cruz takes this series.

No comments: