Friday, November 11, 2011

Review: Eldest (Inheritance # 2)

Author: Christopher Paolini
Publisher: Knopf Books
Release Date: August 23, 2005 
Pages: 704
Buy It: Amazon / B&N

Darkness falls... Despair abounds... Evil reigns...
Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, have just saved the rebel state from destruction by the mighty forces of King Galbatorix, cruel ruler of the Empire. Now Eragon must travel to Ellesmera, land of the elves, for further training in magic and swordsmanship, the vital skills of the Dragon Rider.

It is the journey of a lifetime, filled with awe-inspiring new places and people, each day a fresh adventure. But chaos and betrayal plague him at every turn, and Eragon isn't sure whom he can trust. Meanwhile, his cousin Roran must fight a new battle back home in Carvahall - one that puts Eragon in even graver danger. Will the king's dark hand strangle all resistance? Eragon may not escape with even his life.

Review
Okay, I enjoy this series, I really do. But 2 weeks! 2 WEEKS! That's how long it took me to finish this book. That is practically unheard of for me to finish a book. Its not even because the book is 650 (or so) pages. I have read books this long before and a lot faster. Like I said in my 'Eragon' review. There is just SOOOO much detail to take in with these books. And while I did enjoy the book it took a while to get into, it wasn't until near the end that I started to get excited about the book and read it faster. And Arya irritated me throughout the entire story line. Nothing should come between love. And one down fall to this book was it was rather predictable about certain things.


No comments: