Monday, December 12, 2011

Dusty Reads (1)


Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted by .Xpresso Reads, featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time.

My pick this week is:
Author: Yvonne Woon
Publisher: Hyperion 
Release Date: September 21, 2010
Pages: 455

Renee Winters was a typical, sunny California girl until the day she discovered her parents in the redwood forest, dead in what appeared to be a bizarre double murder. Now her grandfather has sent her to Gottfried Academy, an old-fashioned, elite boarding school in rural Maine.
Soon, Renee uncovers the school's dark secret: students have died in the exact same way as her parents, but none of the teachers will talk about it.

Most perplexing of all is the behavior of an elusive, devastatingly beautiful boy named Dante Berlin. He never speaks to anyone besides Renee, and seems by turns fascinated and unsettled by her. When they are together, Renee feels more alive than she ever has before. 

Even as she falls in love, Renee realizes that being with Dante is dangerous. Possibly deadly. A future without him seems unthinkable. But is true love worth dying for?

I bought this book randomly one day at Barnes & Noble. When I first saw the cover I knew it had to be mine. That's what grabbed me at first and wouldn't let me go. It was all about the cover. Then I got onto goodreads on my phone when I was still at the store to see when 'Life Eternal' the second book in the series was set to come out (February 24, 2012, if your wondering). & then that book cover grabbed me and wouldn't let go. I had to have these books simply because their covers were amazing. Then I read the back cover and the story line of the book looked really interesting as well. So I got it. But that begs the question. Why haven't I read it yet then? The answer is simple. I have a LONG list of TBR's and they just keep getting in the way. LOL, that and I know I'm really impatient, I hate getting into a series and then having to wait FOREVER to get the second, third (what have you) book in the series. However, if everything goes as it should, 'Dead Beautiful' is up next on my TBR list. So we shall see how it is, after it has waited on my shelf a good 2 months to be read.

No comments: