Friday, December 30, 2011

Top 10 of 2011

Here's my 10 favorite books of 2011.
 
 
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
This whole series has got to be my favorite series of 2011. I absolutely love these books. & Dimitri Belikov is definitely my book boyfriend of 2011.










Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
This was the book that snuck in at the very end of 2011 and blew me away. I absolutely loved everything about this book. The characters were real, the emotions were there and I know this is going to be an amazing series. & the sexy cowboy Tucker Avery, oh.... Need I explain any more?






Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter
I greatly enjoyed this book. I think it was one of the first that I read that involved more then one paranormal creature in it's pages. I loved the inter-mingling of the paranormals. The characters were real and even the bickering between 2 of the main female characters didn't bother me. I have enjoyed both of the books in this series so far.




Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
What won me over about this book. The writing. There was just something about it that I really enjoyed. It wasn't even the characters, because trust me these characters weren't my favorite but I love the way Andrea Cremer writes. It's beautiful.








The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
This was my first Dystopian novel and I really enjoyed it. I loved all the scenes between Peeta and Katniss. They were just so very genuine and heart wrenching. This book made me fall in love with Dystopian novels. So very good and real.







Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
This book, well to be clique, gave me 'shivers'. LOL. This whole series was just SO beautifully written. & the love between Sam and Grace, OME! Amazing. I could FEEL their love. It was an essence all of it's own. It brought tears to my eyes, this is probably one of the only series in which I cried during each book. 





Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
This book had me guessing, on the edge of my seat. Which doesn't happen that often. What also go me about this book was the fact that I completely switched teams after reading the 2nd book. I don't think that has ever happened. Usually once I decide on the guy that I like for the girl, I stick to it, but I so completely switched sides. I love it, and I am impatiently waiting for the 3rd book in the series.



Silence by Becca FitzPatrick
I know there have been both positive and negative reviews on this particular book, mostly negative. But for me this book was nothing but a positive. I adored it. I felt like I was IN this world, I was in this book. I was right beside them as everything went down. Patch is definitely one of the hero's of my heart. Loved it. 






Glimmerglass by Jenna Black
I enjoyed this book. It didn't blow me away, but it has stuck with me. & in my book that is even more important. The fact that this story has stuck with me and the want to learn more about Keane. I truly hope there is more Keane in 'Shadowspell'. Fingers crossed.






13 to Life by Shannon Delany
This one is similar to 'Glimmerglass'. It didn't blow me away, but the story has stuck with me and I can't wait to get my hands on the second book to continue the series. That and I genuienly enjoyed the 2 main characters in this book. They both have faults they need to work through, but together they are strong. That is something that I love in a book. If you are looking for a quick, but good book, this is the one for you.




No comments: