Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Cover Reveal!

City of Lost Souls


"City of Lost Souls" by Cassandra Clare. This cover is definitely pretty just like all the covers in the Mortal Instruments series have been, however, personally I don't really like this cover. I have LOVED all the other ones. But this one just doesn't jump out at me, as strikingly as the other ones have. The other's one's just exuded confidence and brutal beauty, this one is just mushy. Looks like Jace and Clary are finally going to just be into one another in this book. It is still really pretty, but I still don't LOVE it like I have the other. 
What do you think of this cover? 

3 comments:

Wendy Darling said...

I like this cover, but I don't love it like I did the first three (and Infernal Devices!). I think once we got to actually see the models' faces they weren't quite as interesting, just because I think their expressions are a little weird, hah.

Obviously doesn't matter. I will be reading it anyway. :D

Wendy Darling said...

I like this cover, but I don't love it like I did the first three (and Infernal Devices!). I think once we got to actually see the models' faces they weren't quite as interesting, just because I think their expressions are a little weird, hah.

Obviously doesn't matter. I will be reading it anyway. :D

Cassie S. said...

@Wendy: It is still a really pretty covering (so was 'City of Fallen Angels') but I must agree that I much prefer the first three covers of the series.

After being disappointed so much with 'City of Fallen Angels' I must admit that no matter how much I love this series, I am actually not all that desperate to read 'City of Lost Souls'. I loved how the series ended with 'City of Glass' and would have been fine with that being the end of the series. But I am not going to whine that she continued with the series. It's just something that happens.