Monday, January 23, 2012

Dusty Reads (6)

Dusty Reads is a weekly meme hosted by .Xpresso Reads, featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelves for awhile.
 
Author: Beth Revis
Publisher: RazorBill
Release Date: January 11, 2011
Page Count: 398

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundreds years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world  of a spaceship that lives by its own rules. 

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next. 
 
Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.
 
Why haven't I read this one yet? That's simple, like most of the books I haven't read yet, it's simply because I haven't been able to get to it yet with all the books that I have. When I saw this one at work, I squealed with joy because it was finally in paperback. I didn't really like the paperback cover (I much more like the hardback cover) but getting it in paperback version saved me a good $8 bucks. So I can't complain to much about that. Any ways, I saw it, hid it behind some other books that way it would still be there when I came to get it. I still really look forward to reading this one, especially now that 'A Million Suns' is available. =D

4 comments:

FABR Steph said...

I so want to find the time to get to this one myself. I hope you get to read it soon.

-FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
My Dusty Reads Review...

Cassie S. said...

@FABR Steph: Thank you. I have heard so much about this book. I guess I will just have to be patient and read read read until I am able to get to it. =D

I'll check yours out now.

Giselle said...

Oh I just bought this one. I won't be able to get to it for a few months though but hopefully I won't be able to use it for a dusty reads haha

Cassie S. said...

@Giselle: LOL! I meant to get to it right away. But then Christmas came up and I got like $125 in gift cards to B&N. So my TBR pile skyrocket. =D