Monday, January 30, 2012

Dusty Reads (7)

Dusty Reads is a weekly meme hosted by .Xpresso Reads, featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelves for awhile.
 
Author: Colleen Houck
Publisher: Sterling
Release Date: January 11, 2011
Page Count: 402

Passion. Fate. Loyalty.
 
Would you risk it all to change your destiny? 
 
The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she'd be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year-old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. But that's exactly what happened. Face-to-face with dark forces, spellbinding magic, and mystic worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever. 

Hot dang! Why haven't I read this one yet? I still remember when I first read about this book (it was yet to be published) and I put it on my 'eagerly awaiting' list. It's been out for over a year now and I have yet to pick it up. I was able to finally purchase it, but why haven't I read it. Guess I've just got caught behind on my TBR pile. Slowly but surely I will get to this one. And love it I am sure. =D
 

Have you read it yet? What do you think.


What dusty reads do you have waiting?

 

4 comments:

speculatef said...

I recently read a review about this one, and to my surprise it was GLOWING. I see it all the time in the store, and every time I want to buy it!

Happy reading,

Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
My Dusty Reads

Krista said...

I haven't read it, but I have heard really good things about it! Plus, the cover is sooo pretty :) I'll end up buying it one day I'm sure! New follower :)

Krista - Nawanda Files

Giselle said...

I've seen these but they intimidate me! Isn't it like a really huge book!? haha

Cassie S. said...

@speculatef: Yea, I've read all good reviews on this one as well. It's the other books in the series that start to get bad reviews. But I hold out hope for them. =D

@Krista: Yea. Pretty covers are definitely what first attracts me to books. But the premise of this book is so unique and different that I really look forward to reading it.

@Giselle: It's just over 400 pages long. Not that bad compared to some books that I have read before. I really look forward to reading them. =D I will definitely let you know what I think about it once I am able to get to it. If you don't beat me first. hehe.