Friday, January 06, 2012

Follow Friday (4)

Is a book blog hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read

This is a blog hop for bloggers to get to know other bloggers, & to help some gain more of a following and support system for their blog. It looks like it should be a lot of fun. To join in, go to the host's page and follow the steps they have posted up there. =D

This week's question is...

Go count the number of unread books sitting on your shelf. How many?

I have 29 unread books sitting on my bookshelf. Read some of the other responses to this answer. I no longer feel bad about that number. The reason that it's even this high is because of the crazy book shopping I was able to do thanks to Christmas money. These are all books that I have purchased myself (or throw gift cards). Maybe one day I will start getting some ARC books to help relieve my book budget.

To make this even funnier I have provided a list of my TBR list.

1. Crave - Melissa Darnell
2. Abandon - Meg Cabot
3. Siren - Trisha Rayburn 
4. Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
5. Wolfsbane - Andrea Cremer
6. The Iron Daughter - Julie Kagawa 
7. Tiger's Curse - Colleen Houck
8. Inheritance - Christopher Paolini
9. Across the Universe - Beth Revis
10. Wither - Lauren DeStefano
11. Shadowspell - Jenna Black
12. Elemental Reality - Cesya MaRae Cuono
13. Forgive My Fins - Tera Lynn Childs
14. Carrier of the Mark - Leigh Fallon
15. Half-Blood - Jennifer L. Armentrout
16. Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
17. The Ghost and the Goth - Stacey Kade
18. Wings - Aprilynne Pike
19. Elixir - Hilary Duff
20. The Goddess Test - Aimee Carter
21. The Dark Divine - Bree Despain
22. Angel Burn - L.A. Weatherly 
23. The Body Finder - Kimberly Derting
24. Spellbound - Cara Lynn Shultz
25. Switched - Amanda Hocking
26. Haven - Kristi Cook
27. Once in a Full Moon - Ellen Schreiber 
28. Secrets and Shadows - Shannon Delany
29. Immortal Beloved - Cate Tiernan

What books do you have left unread on your bookshelf?

14 comments:

Oh! Paper Pages said...

New follower! Have you signed up for netgalley? You can often get e-ARCs. It is a little difficult if you do not have a ton of followers, but there are usually many books/publishers that are willing to send you one if you have a book blog. Congratulations on obtaining your AA, by the way! That is fantastic!

http://ohpaperpages.blogspot.com/

Niina C said...

29 that a good solid number to get the year started. ;D

New Follower! Come see my Friday as well! FF & TGIF Numbers & Goals Edition!

Amie@Mom Reads My Books! said...

25 is a very doable number! I am a new follower. Here is my FF: Mom Reads My Books

Morganville94 said...

I've read most of the books in your TBR pile! They are awesome, keep on reading :)

Old follower stopping by:)

Natasha @ FF post

Cassie S. said...

@Oh! Paper Pages: Yea, I have a NetGalley. But I will be the first one to admit that I just completely forget to check it. I have to have the book in front of me in my hands when I read or I just genuinely don't enjoy the experience. That's also why I don't own a Kindle or Nook. Thank you, getting my AA was definitely not an easy task, but so awesome now that I do have it. I'll check yours out now and thanks for the support and add.

@Niina C.: Yea and they are all books that I am looking forward to so I can't complain. Hopefully I can get it down a little before I add more to it, but I doubt it. LOL. I'll check yours out. Thanks for the support and add.

@Amie: Yes, definitely more doable in some that I saw. Thanks for the support and add i'll look at yours.

Cassie S. said...

@Morganville94: Hiya. Always nice to hear back from you. Yea, a lot of them have been out for a little while. But with me physically buying all of my books (and waiting until hard covers come out in paperback) sometimes I dont get them as soon as I would like. But its all about the experience of it all for me. So no complaints. At least they are all good books. =D

Sam said...

I have read a lot of the books on your list so I can tell you you are in for a treat! At least you can look forward to tackling that pile. :)

My FF post

Jennifer | Book Den said...

You have a lot of great reads in your pile!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. Which to read first. I'd say Anna and the FK. Or maybe Catching Fire.
My Hop

Giselle said...

Haha, Omg you have to read Anna! Awesome book!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Pawing Through Books said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I would be sooo happy if I had a number closer to yours! I'm in the 3-digits and it keeps growing! Ah well, I can't help it! :)

Amy said...

So many great books waiting to be read!! I really liked Across The Universe and The Body Finder!! Thanks for stopping by, sorry for the super late reply. I'm a new follower :)

Amy @ Following The Reader

Cassie S. said...

@Sam: Thank you. I look forward to reading these books as well. They all look so good.

@Jennifer: I am so excited to read them. I know it will take a while to get to some, but it will be worth it in the end.

@Alison Can Read: Next I am going to read 'Crave' by Melissa Darnell. I have talked with her and she has agreed to give my blog an Author Interview. So I want to make sure that I get to her book soon. As for the one's after that. I go to Random.org and have the next one's randomly chosen for me. LOL.

@Giselle: I really look forward to reading that one. I have heard nothing but good things about it.

@Amy: Not a problem. I understand responding can take some time sometimes. I am late to some of my responses as well. I look forward to reading both of those. They look like they are different then a lot of YA books. =D

Cassie S. said...

@Pawing Through The Books: Ahhh... I almost missed responding to you. Yes. My number is smaller then a lot, but I am also still new to blogging having only done this for about a month and a half now. My number dramatically because of the money I got for Christmas. But I am sure my number will only increase instead of decreasing. I look forward to all of my books, even if the number goes up. I am sure some time in the future my number will reflect like a lot of others. =D [also I think my number is a lot smaller because I buy all of my books. I dont go to the library, borrow or use NetGalley -I forget I have one, honestly- The book has to be mine that I physically bought or I forget about it and wouldn't get to it. Weird I know. lol]