Saturday, January 14, 2012

In My Mailbox (4)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, where you can post up what books you got for review, from the library, through trade, or even bought, etc. over the past week. 
 
 
 
Due to moving over the past week and a half, my camera is currently packed away and I have no idea where it is at. Soooo.... I won't be posting up a vlog for this week's IMM. I will just use a picture of each book that I got (over the past 2 weeks since I was unable to do an IMM last week) and tell you what it is that I am excited about with each book. =D


Got as a present (via gift card):

 
 The cover. OME! This cover is just so breathtaking amazing. When I saw it on the bookshelf at B&N I knew it had to be mine (after first checking that it was a sequel via Goodreads - I can't read most books unless they are series). This cover is rather plain compared to some that I have seen, but there is just something soooo captivating about it. I can't wait to read this one.

Okay, I must admit that I was more open to reading this book after I checked and made sure that it wasn't Miley Cyrus on the cover of it. Eck. Anyways, this was an impulse buy. Along the fact's that I love werewolves and it's obvious to tell that this is what this book is about. After reading '13 to Life' by Shannon Delany and 'Nightshade' by Andrea Cremer, werewolves have started to grow on me more.

This one was an obvious buy for me. Especially after loving '13 to Life' so much. It's the second book in the series by Shannon Delany. And once again I am also in love with the cover for this book. They are just so mysterious and beautiful. I had to special order this one to my B&N so it took a few days for me to get it, but I can't wait to be able to read this one. Ahhh... Happy squeal.

I must say the premise of this book has me EXTREMELY intrigued. I haven't read any books so far where the main character is already an immortal and struggling with that fact. In a lot of YA books, the main character is barely coming into their powers or themselves. So for that fact alone, I so wanted this book. That and the cover of it captured me right from the beginning. I love how they are side ways. So unique and done so very beautifully. 

Bought:
 
 
B&N got me again. They send me a coupon for 50% off some YA books and I couldn't help myself. That's how I got around to getting 'Switched' by Amanda Hocking. I will admit that I have known about this book for a while now, ever since Ms. Hocking was still just a self-published author. However, with having no interest in getting a Nook or Kindle I had no way of reading her books. That is until now. I have heard a lot of things about this one and I look forward to reading them. And look at it, the cover is sooo pretty. =D

 


Well that was all I got In My Mailbox for the past 2 weeks, but I greatly look forward to reading them.

What did you get In Your Mailbox this week?
 

2 comments:

Totally Booked Solid said...

I bought switched as well . I read once in a full moon a while go it was honestly not a favorite of mine though I do like other books by that author . Well I'm a follower and here is my IMM http://totallybookedsolid.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox.html

Cassie S. said...

@Totally Booked Solid: I am reading Switched now. I don't know if I like it yet. I have decided to give all paranormal YA books a try, that way I can have a variety of reviews for my blog. =D I'll check yours out now.