Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays (7)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser this week is...
"He sighed as if wondering how he'd been cursed with such an inept pupil, then turned back to his book about death deities, showing me a section of brightly colored illustrations, each depicting a different representation of what looked, to me, like hell. But I supposed to someone like him, they looked like super-fun playgrounds."
~Pg. 229, "Abandon" by Meg Cabot









What's your teaser this week?

7 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

Wow, this one sounds really creepy!

Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-perfect-and-off-season.html

Vicky said...

It's been on my wishlist for a while so I love this teaser already :) And Meg Cabot too, she's fab! Great choice!

My teaser for this week
Vicky
Books, Biscuits, and Tea

TToria said...

Not one i'd heard of until now, thanks for sharing!
Here's my TT this week: http://ttoria.blogspot.com

TToria
xo

Amy said...

Great teaser! I really need to check this one out, so it's definitely being added to my TBR list. Thank you for sharing! :)

Here's mine:

http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesdays-obsidian-by-jennifer-l.html

Rachel Morgan said...

I have always been totally in love with this book cover, but I haven't read the actual book yet because I saw a few reviews where people were a little disappointed...

My teaser is from CLOCKWORK PRINCE

carly said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog, This teaser sounds interesting, I hadn't heard of it, Thanks for sharing. :)

Carly @Fiction Fascination

Cassie S. said...

@Karen and Gerard: It's supposed to be a retelling of Persephone. I'll check yours out now.

@Vicky: It's a different kind of book. So far it has been hard to get into, but there is something about it that still holds my attention. I'll check yours out now. =D

@TToria: It's a different type of book. I'll check yours out now.

@Amy: Thank you.

@Rachel Morgan: Yea, I saw some of those reviews as well. I will read a review on a book but I never make it my final judgement. I like to read a book and take my own version on it. I wanna make sure I have a variety of books (and reviews) for my readers to take a look at. =D I'll check yours out for 'Clockwork Prince' now. Thank you.

@Carly: It's definitely a different kind of book. But still interesting enough to hold my attention because I wanna know what the heck is going on. =D