Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Tempted on Tuesdays (5)



Tempted on Tuesdays, is a weekly meme hosted by me where you can post on your blog about any book out there that has ever Tempted you, has ever SCREAMED your name. It can be a book that was published yesterday... or even 10 years ago... It can be one that you are waiting on being published, etc. Just as long as in some way or fashion, its Tempts and screams your name.

My 'Tempted on Tuesdays' choice for this week is....

Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Penguin Books, Ltd.
Release Date: December 2, 2010
Page Count: 372

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home. 

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited? 

tempted.

I actually just bought this book. I hadn't heard of it until very recently when I was looking at a few different blogs 'favorite books of 2011' and I kept seeing this one popping up. Because of the fact that so many bloggers seemed to love this book so much I decided to pick it up myself and see what all the hype was about. It's not a book that I would have normally picked up but ever since I got it home and on my book shelf it's been calling my name. It doesn't help the fact that it has an amazing cover. I so look forward to reading this one. 

2 comments:

Lisa Nguyen said...

I think you should totally read it soon! Here's mine: http://shatterbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/tempted-on-tuesday-1.html

Cassie S. said...

@Lisa: I totally want to. But with so many books its hard to choose which one's to read next. What I have started to do is pick my next book by random.org. I put in the number of books that I have to read (for example 1-30) and it will give me a random number between those to amounts. I then go to my goodreads where I have a list of all the books I have in my TBR pile and whichever book falls under that number is the next one that I read. LOL