Thursday, February 02, 2012

Follow Friday (8)

Is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This is a blog hop for bloggers to get to know other bloggers, & to help some gain more of a following and support system for their blog. It looks like it should be a lot of fun. To join in, go to the host's page and follow the steps they have posted up there. =D

This week's question is...

Define what characteristics your favorite books share. Do they all have a kick ass heroine or is the hot love interest the Alpha Male?

I would definitely say I need a little of both. Books that don't have some kind of romance tend to bore the heck outta me. Maybe because I don't have a real life love interest so I have to get my kicks somewhere else. LOL. As for the heroine, I need a chick with a backbone. Someone that isn't afraid to stand up for themselves but still knows how to be soft when the time calls for it. I can't stand people that can't stand up for themselves. I would have to say that my ALL TIME favorite heroine would be Rose from the 'VA' series. She is everything that I wish I could be (maybe even the half-vampire, part as well =D). As for my favorite guy characters I would definitely have to say Dimitri (from the 'VA' series... OME! So woon worthy), Tucker (from 'Unearthly' series... a sexy, sweet cowboy), and of course Edward (from none other then the 'Twilight' series... He was my first YA love, I can't help myself)... lol, but you will notice I didn't mention Bella... she was a little co-dependent for my tastes... LOL, so all in all... I need some kick ass, strong backboned, soft hearted chicks who know how to give in to the romance part of the book (and their strong counterparts) but still know how to be their own woman if push comes to shove. =D

14 comments:

primrose said...

Yeah I have to agree with you. I love books with a strong chick and a sprinkling of romance and gorgeous guys. Yummy!

Morganville94 said...

OMG, this is such a great post! I can see we share some common interest!

Thank you for visiting my blog, happy Friday!

Cassie S. said...

@Primrose: Definitely Yummy. Those 3 things are a formula for success. At least in my opinion. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

@Morganville94: Yea, I really liked this week's question. We definitely seem to have a lot in common. But they are all equal to great book readings. & not a problem, thanks for coming by mine, =D

Vanya D. said...

I totally understand you about Bella LOL Lousy heroines/heroes can really ruin a book for me.

New follower :)

My #FF here

Cassie S. said...

@Vanya: LOL... You know what the funny thing is. The character of Bella didn't really start bothering to much until the movies came out. While I have personally met Kristen Stewart (and she is amazingly sweet), she is a little twitty in her acting sometimes and I guess visually seeing how Bella was so co-dependent on Edward (while I still adore him), it really just made me turn against her a little. Still love the series though. =D Thanks for following and supporting my blog. I'll check your FF out now.

Kah Cherub said...

Oh, I also have a thing for Tucker! LOL. And, yup, I'm probably looking for romance in books because my life is currently lacking it. >.>'

anyway... :P

I'm a follower.

http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/02/ff-feature-9.html

Cassie S. said...

@Kah: Yea, needa find love some how. LOL. Thank you for the support and following. I will definitely check your FF out now. =D

Nikki said...

Definitely agree. I need a little romance in every book I read otherwise I just can't really get into the story! New Follower!

~Nikki (Imaginative Adventure)

Tara Turner said...

I SOOO know what you mean!!!! great picks! and awesome answer!!!! i guess i need to read this VA sereis!!! hehe i got the box set for christmas so i need to hop to it!!! thanks for stopping by my blog lovely!!!

Tara

Tristan said...

Rose is friggin awesome!! I llove Tucker so much, I think he's the only nice guy I;ve ever fallen for in books, maybe because he was so cocky in the beginning. Which remind me I need to get Hallowed, gawd I'm such a scatterbrain! Have an awesome weekend Cassie!

Tristan @ Reads With Wreckless Abandon

Cassie S. said...

@Nikki: Yea. & if I'm reading a book without romance then it's usually only because I want to read the book before I see the movie.

@Tara T: Heck yea lady. The 'VA' academy series is AMAZING. I know you will love it.

@Tristan: Hell yea. I love Rose. Haven't met a heroine like her yet. & don't feel bad as much as I love 'Unearthly' I haven't been able to read 'Hallowed' yet either. It's one of the books I look forward to the most this year. & I agree with you, Tucker is probably the nicest guy I've fallen for, because David from the 'Wings' series by Aprilynne Pike. Thank you so much, it's going to be a LONG week for me, but I hope you have a wonderful day and week as well Tristan. =D

Thank you ladies, I will check out all your FF's when I get home from work. =D

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Books without romance can definitely be kind of boring. :) thanks for hopping by!!

Cassie S. said...

@Christy: I loved your blog =D & yea. I need romance, I don't get it anywhere else. LOL.

ClaireLouise said...

Hello! I am a new follower!! Found you via the blog hop! Can't wait to read your posts!

Claire
http://clairelouisereads.blogspot.com.au/