Friday, March 09, 2012

Follow Friday (11)

Is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This is a blog hop for bloggers to get to know other bloggers, & to help some gain more of a following and support system for their blog. It looks like it should be a lot of fun. To join in, go to the host's page and follow the steps they have posted up there. =D

This week's question is...

Have you ever looked at a book's cover and thought, This is going to be horrible? But, instead was pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.


'Wings' by Aprilynne Pike. I don't know if it was necessarily the cover (even though it is a little cheesy) or the fact that I had read a lot of negative reviews for it. But after I was done with it, I actually enjoyed it VERY much. So much that I had to go out right away and get the second book in the series. I still haven't been able to get to the second book, but I genuinely look forward to reading it. 

What about all of you. What book looked horrible but was actually GREAT?

10 comments:

Vidya-BooksAreMagic said...

I have heard about this book..actually, I like the cover too.. :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

A new follower! Here is my Feature & Follow.

Jussy Who said...

Hi there :) just hopping through.

It's kind of pretty.

I'm also your newest follower :) Here is my choice...

My Feature and Follow Friday

Cassie S. said...

@Vidya: Yea, like I said the cover wasn't that bad and I do like it myself as well, I think it was more of the bad reviews that I had heard. Ill check yours out now, thank you =D

@Jussy Who: I agree with you. I do love the book cover as well, but I didn't really have any book covers that I hated that weren't really bad books. Thank you for following, ill check yours out as well. =D

Sana said...

I've never had the chance to read any Aprilynne Pyke's books but I think that cover is kind of cheesy.

Here's my first ever FF!

Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

Stepping Out of the Page said...

I agree with you about Wings - I've read a lot of negative reviews of it too. I think the cover is okay, but nothing exciting.

Great choices, though!

New to your blog! :D
Hope you have a great weekend!
Stephanie
P.S. Don’t forget to enter my International Giveaway of 3 books, a journal, bookmarks and more!

LibrarySnake said...

Yeah, it is a little bit on the cliched side.

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday_09.html

Tara said...

i havent read this one yet, but i think i have it somewhere to read. its not bad but its just not exciting! good pick!!!

Tara's FF

Jessi (Geo) said...

It's not too bad but not entirely attention grabbing. Well...maybe it is, because it's on my TBR list! New follower here :)
My Friday Hops

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I didn't mind the cover for Wings. I definitely loved the book.
My Hop

Cassie S. said...

@Sana: That's a little what I thought after I read the negative reviews. That why it took me a long time before I got the book. But after reading it I rather enjoy it. I have the second book in the series now and can't wait to read it.

@Stepping Out of the Page: It is a good book, you should try and get it sometime. It's a different take on faeries but I rather enjoyed it.

@LibrarySnake: Yea, but it's a good book. =D

@Tara: LOL, yea that is true, but once I started it I fell in love. Love one of the guy characters. LOL, seems like if if there is an amazing guy character I fall in love with a book. =D

@Jessi: Yea, it was on my TBR list for a long time before I got to it. But afterwards I wish I wouldn't of waited so long.

@Alison: Understandable. I am about in the same boat, but I love the story, I can't wait to get to 'Spells', so I can get more of David.

I'll check yours all out when I get back from work. Thank you all for the wonderful comments.