Friday, March 23, 2012

Follow Friday (13)

 
 Is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This is a blog hop for bloggers to get to know other bloggers, & to help some gain more of a following and support system for their blog. It looks like it should be a lot of fun. To join in, go to the host's page and follow the steps they have posted up there. =D

This week's question is...

What is the longest book you have read? What are your favorite 600+ page books?

OKAY!!! I will admit, the longest book I have ever read (and it will probably be a lot less then most) would have to be the last book in the twilight series 'Breaking Dawn' which was 768 pages. I guess I just haven't read any HUGE books in a while. I just went through my list of read books on Goodreads and after that the only other books that I have read that are over 600+ would have to be 'The Host' (approx. 618 pages) also by Stephenie Meyer and 'Eldest' and 'Brisingr' in the Eragon series, which are 668 and 763 pages. Those would have to be it for me and out of all four of them, 'Breaking Dawn' was by far my favorite. Then again, I am not ashamed to admit that I am a HUGE twilight fan. =D

What are the biggest books you have read?

& enter to win
my 300 follower giveaway
~HERE

10 comments:

Preet @ A Written Rhapsody said...

Darn Stephanie Meyers and her much needed details! Great choices.

Preet @ AWR

Jamie said...

I admit, when I was reading Twilight, I didn't notice the page count because I was flying through it.

New follower!

Here's our FF

Jamie@Addicted2Heroines

Rea said...

I don't seem to read many really long books either. My average seems to be around 400 pages, though of course in YA books the font's much larger so a 400 page YA could be the same amount of content as a 250 page adult book!

My FF.

Patricia said...

Yeah, Breaking Dawn had quite a few pages, right? *grin* I haven't read that many long books either, and just picked one of the longer ones I read last year. v.v

I'd love to follow you via LinkyFollowers but I haven't found a widget in your sidebar. If you add one (or if I was too stupid to see it) please let me know! :3

Patricia // My FF

Jenn Renee said...

I enjoyed Breaking Dawn as well.new follower. my ff http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-10.html

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. Here here!!!! I love people who aren't ashamed of being a Twilight fan. Have you read my post about not being ashamed to love Twilight? If you haven't, it's linked on my discussion post page.
My Hop

Cassie S. said...

@Preet: LOL. Yea there are definitely a lot of details. But sometimes they are necessary as well. =D

@Jamie: LOL yea, I have to say that I was the same way. They were never really THAT big of books for me. It's not until now that I'm a crazy reader that I realize none of the books are nearly as big as the twilight ones were.

@Rea: Yea, YA books seem to be smaller in count. But I'm addicted to them so I really don't mind. =D

@Patricia: Yea, it's almost to 800 and none of the books Ive currently read are any where near that many. & I will definitely look into getting LinkyFollowers. =D

@Jenn: 'Breaking Dawn' was my favorite book in the series.

@Alison. I am a huge twilight fan and so is my cousin. Twilight came into my life at a very difficult point and thusly it shall always be very dear to me, no matter what. =D

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I will definitely return the favor first thing tomorrow when I wake up. It is getting really late and I'm getting pretty tired. =D

Sana said...

Long before I read Breaking Dawn, I already had a chance to read other books which is why I haven't included this in my FF. Here's my FF

Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

Maeva said...

If you consider the fact that the version of The Lord of The Rings I read was the one that’s one book with the 3 parts inside (1202 pages in the brazilian version), that would be the longest book I’ve ever read. But if you consider series to favorite 600+ page reads, hands down, Harry Potter. Not so much for the story, but for the feeling it brings me every time I think about it.

I'm a new follower, btw!

Maeva
Murphy's Library

Cassie S. said...

@Sana: I have read other books before 'Breaking Dawn'. Thanks.

@Maeva: I will have to admit that I never finished all of the Harry Potter books. I finished the first 3 and started on the fourth one and was able to see how different the books are from the movies and how much was left out of the movies. And see how I was more a fan of the movies, because that what I started out with, I didn't want to ruin the movies for myself, so I stopped reading them. But they are still good books.