Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Hunger Games Read-Along: Chapter 22





As I am sure, I am not the only one out there that is anxious awaiting the release of The Hunger Games in.... approx. 12 days.  (but whose counting... LOL). I have recently come to the conclusion that I am absolutely IN LOVE with Josh Hutcherson (a.k.a. Peeta Mellark). I have started rewatching all the movies that I can remember him being in, I just finished watching Zathura. But I must say, that Josh is definitely my new Hollywood crush. I remember seeing him in quite a few movies and loving his acting but never really thought to much about it, but now that he is taking on the role of one of my most BELOVED book guy crushes, I can't seem to get enough of him. I have a poster of him (as Peeta) hanging up on my wall. ECK! He's even the background on my phone... TEEHEE! But on to Chapter 22.

In Chapter 22, we get a sweet glimpse of the possible blooming love between Katniss and Peeta, or maybe it is just Katniss playing her role with Peeta to make sure that they get the food and resources it is that they need, since they are stuck up in the cave because of the down pouring of rain that seems to have no end. BUT! I must say, that this is a pivotal chapter in this book and the next 2 books to come. I didn't see it myself, until I reread this chapter myself, so if I were you I would definitely read this chapter twice if you didn't automatically catch it, like me. But in this chapter Katniss and Peeta, share their first REAL kiss, where they are both aware of what is going on, and Katniss has a warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of her stomach. To me this is where Katniss really first discovers what she could possibly have with Peeta and how important Peeta can (and will) really become to her. 

So what do I want to hear from you all. Have you ever gotten that feeling, the warm fuzzy's, where you just KNEW a guy or girl was going to be extremely important in your life and near future? Has there ever been someone so special (not family) to you that your heart just flutters....?

For me, I have had that feeling... & no not just with Josh Hutcherson, LOL. He was my first love, and we dated for about a year before we broke it off. I changed so much in my life for him, and in return I got nothing but heart break. But the funny thing is, I loved him SO much, that I wish him NOTHING but happiness. Crazy, right? But true.

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL week.

 Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor.

 
(He makes me wish I was Katniss)

3 comments:

Kriss Morton-Weekley (@AKMamma) said...

Honestly this is easy, he is sitting across the room for me. Sure I have had the feeling before, I am in my early 40's and have been married. But with my Geoff? I have NEVER in my life felt that way, had this connection and I never want to experience this with anyone else!
Great post for this chapter! Thanks!

Cassie S. said...

@Kriss: That is great to hear. And I am glad to hear that you have been able to experience that feeling and hold on to it. I think that is probably the hardest part, to open yourself up enough to hold onto it and be able to recognize it for how important, amazing and rare it really is. I hope you have a wonderful day and week. Thanks for the comment. =D

happyfamilytravels said...

Luckily, I've had the feeling - totally get it.
Love is a CRAZY thing!