Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Review: The Body Finder (The Body Finder #1)

Author: Kimberly Derting
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release Date: March 16, 2010
Page Count: 327
Chapter Count: 28
Named Chapters: No
Format: Paperback
Buy It: Amazon / B&N

A gripping tale of a girl with a morbid ability that could lead her to a killer... and the boy who would never let anything happen to her.

Sixteen-year-old Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her unusual so-called gift. While her confusing feelings for her best friend are new, she has been able to sense dead bodies - or at least those that have been murdered - and the imprints that attach to their killers since she was a little girl. Violet has never considered her ability useful, but now that a serial killer has begun terrorizing her small town she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him. 

Fiercely protective of her, Jay agrees to help Violet search for the murderer. But even as she's falling in love, Violet is getting closer to discovering a killer... and becoming his prey herself.

Opening Sentence: Violet Ambrose wandered away from the safety of her father as she listened to the harmony of sound weaving delicately around her. 

Review:

'The Body Finder' by Kimberly Derting was really interesting and I LOVED it. I enjoyed it very much. It was unique, different, romantic, sweet, mysterious and such crazy fun.  

I was able to connect with Violet and Jay so easily. Their friendship was so refreshing. You don't find true friendship between a girl and guy in most YA books. I must say that it was pretty obvious what was going to happen between these two, but seeing the process of it, was just SO sweet. Jay was extremely protective, kind and gentle around her and it was easy to see that he was madly in love with her before she was even able to see it (even though she felt the same way). Love is blind. 

And the mystery of the killer and killings. The killer having his/her own chapters. Kept me constantly intrigued in the book and what was going to happen next. 

The only thing that truly annoyed me about this series was Violet's reaction to finding a new body. I understand that seeing something like that can only be mind boggling. But she has been doing it her entire life (granted not usually with humans) you would think that by now she would be used to it. 

The ending of the book, almost ruined the series for me however, when I thought something bad was going to happen to Jay. But thankfully after reading some more, I was only left with cravings to run out to the story and purchase 'Desires of the Dead' so I could find out what was going to happen next with Violet and Jay. 

This book had a greatly thought out plot line, well developed characters and an interesting twist to most YA books. I read it in less then 2 days, even with my really busy schedule and would definitely recommend this book to people. I can't wait to get my greedy little hands on the next book. 

& enter to win
my 300 follower giveaway
~HERE


     

2 comments:

C.M.Brown said...

Thanks for sharing Cassie!

Cassie S. said...

@C.M. Brown: It's what I'm here for. =D