Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Review: Elemental Reality (Elemental #1)

Author: Cesya MaRae Cuono
Publisher: Revolution Publishing
Release Date: August 21, 2011
Page Count: 249
Chapter Count: 32
Named Chapters: Yes
Format: Paperback
Buy It: Amazon / B&N

"I placed both hands on his chest, my
left arm still in his grasp, and shoved
him. Something crackled, and his grip 
was abruptly gone. He slammed into
the wall across the room with a loud
crack. Plaster powder rained down on
us. My hands were glowing again."

When Callie Pierce was ten, her mother disppeared without a trace. On the eve of her disappearance twelve years later, the Earth seemingly comes alive. The elements speak to Callie, and that's only the beginning. Everything she has ever known was a twisted fabrication to protect her. Now the truth is set free. Callie and her sister are more powerful than any Faerie ever born. Now they have to use their powers to save their mother and family from the evil hands of fate that threaten to tear them apart. Welcome to her elemental reality. 

Opening Sentence: Once upon a time there was a man and woman who loved each other unconditionally.

Review:

I started this book back in early February, right before I moved. I came with me, in my purse during the whole 3 day trip but I was unable to get to it. After I arrived home, I got really busy that I didn't read for a week or so. After I started reading again, this book sort of got pushed back by the books that I was buying here and needed to read (like the last two in 'The Hunger Games' series). But after I was able to finally get to it again, it took me less then a day to finish. I had already read half of it before the trip had started. 

The unfortunate part however, was that I wasn't able to get back into it. The book after that long of a break, just wasn't the same for me any more. Before, the trip I was really enjoying it but it just started to get.... boring. I couldn't for the live of me believe that everyone couldn't see that the Elders were bad, it was obvious from the very beginning. And the fact that the evil people were able to get into the Faery Kingdom sooooo easily without anybody questioning it. Really...? Come on now. And they only took 6 people with them to take on a whole city full of their enemies and expected to win. And to boot, the youngest sister turned out to be evil and let them right into a trap. [Rolls Eyes]. I'm sorry but no, that doesn't sit right with me. By the last 80 pages or so, I was just skimming through the pages to get to the end. I still look forward to 'Battle Scars'. I am really hoping that this book is better and really develops these characters (and plot) even more. 

Fingers crossed.

& enter to win
my 300 follower giveaway
~HERE

No comments: