Thursday, April 12, 2012

Follow Friday (16)

Is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This is a blog hop for bloggers to get to know other bloggers, & to help some gain more of a following and support system for their blog. It looks like it should be a lot of fun. To join in, go to the host's page and follow the steps they have posted up there. =D

This week's question is...

What is one book that you would be nervous to see a movie adaption of because you think the movie could never live up to the book?

Simple, every single book adaption that has ever been made into a movie. Well, I will admit that Lord of the Rings was legendary and did an AMAZING job of adaptiong it from the book. But even one's that I love like 'The Hunger Games' movie and all but the first 'Twilight' movie. Simply because they have to leave stuff out (and some important, amazing scenes from the books) to fit it within a 2 (or in the case of the LOTR series 3+ hours) hour frame. But for the benefit of the question below I will list some of my favorite books that I just don't think would make it as a movie. 

1. The Evernight series by Claudia Gray
2. The Falling Under series by Gwen Hayes
3. Paranormalcy series by Kiersten White
4. Wings series by Aprilynne Pike
5. Touch series by Laurie Faria Stolarz
6. Nevermore series by Kelly Creagh
7. Evermore series by Alyson Noel

Those are the ones that I could pick out from my goodreads read list. The other ones I would actually love to see made into a movie, even if I will always feel like the book is better. Heck even if these 7 were made into a movie I will still probably go and see it.

Sidenote: This post was late because I had to stall it for goodreads to come back up. =(

So what about you. What books would you not like to see made into a movie?

14 comments:

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I'm one of the few who adored the first Twilight movie. Certainly not perfect. And there were times I was laughing at it instead of with it, but I loved the indie grittiness. It felt like an underdog in a way that the other movies didn't.
My Hop

Emily said...

I hated all the Twilights but I think it was more hatred of the cast than the movie. New follower!

http://emily-confessionsofabookaholic.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/feature-follow-1.html

Patricia said...

I sort of love Twilight for it's Suck. I mean, Robert Pattinson and Kristen both seem to hate the series, the movies are always unintentionally funny.. What's not to like? Oh.. right..

Patricia // My FF

Cassie S. said...

@Alison: I won't say that I hated the first movie. Because by no means, I surely didn't. I mean after all I did go and see it like 15 or 16 times in theatre (LOL. Probably helped that I worked at a movie theatre at the time). But compared to the others ones and how they have improved. The first one, now a days, just seems really silly and I feel bad for it.

@Emily: I can't say I hate the cast. They did really good in a lot of their roles. And for most of them it was their first big roles and a break through for them. I have even met Robert, Kristin, and Nikki (a.k.a. Rosalie). And they are all amazing outside of the movie.

@Patricia: I think they got more serious about it as the series went on. But the first movie, the cast definitely didn't know what they were walking into. Or the fan base for that fact. I adore Robert though. He is definitely one of my favorite actors. And I can't wait to see what all of the cast members can manage to do after Twilight.

Laura Armstrong said...

Happy Friday!! I like your thoughtful answer with lots of series. Definitely.

I don't even wanna get started on Twilight movies. Yea... nope. They're like a discussion that's never resolved.

-Burgandy Ice

Melliane said...

I understand. I confess I didn't really like the rwilight books, but I had big hopes for the movie and finally it was less interesting than the book, so I stopped.

New follower

Cassie S. said...

@Laura: Yea. Talking about Twilight is like talking about Religion or Politics. You just dont go there unless you want a long heated discussion.

@Melliane: Regardless of the good and bad. I will always be a fan of Twilight.

Thank you both for the amazing comments. I will go take a look at your FF's.

Ellen said...

I am always disappointed when they make books into movies and leave so much out of the movie. Sometimes I wonder if it is better to see the movie first :)

I'm a new follower.

Here’s my FF

Annette said...

You are right! Books are always better! But, I do enjoy some of the movies, but I have to read the book first. Thanks for visiting. New Follower....

Kate @ Kates Book Life said...

I actually prefered the film LOTRs to the book which kind of bored me. I liked the first Twilight but I do keep changing my mind and some of my favourite scenes from the book was missing I hated that!

Thanks for the follow, following back :)

Kah Cherub said...

thanks for stopping by! following back!

Jenny said...

Happy FF! Just sneaking through to say hey. I'm a new follower!

I hope you'll stop by & visit me too.

Jenny @ Into the Morning Reads

Daniela said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I loved Paranormalcy (it made my top ten best books in 2011 list), but while I would love to see Evie and Lend on the big screen I can see where things could go terribly wrong haha. Yet it's like you said, we'd still go see the movie!

Cassie S. said...

@Ellen: I have thought that before as well. But I still some how always reading the book first. LOL

@Kate: LOL, I will admit a secret. I have actually never read the LOTR books. But I have heard from a lot of people that did that they did an amazing job on the movie and sticking true to the books. At that point in my life I was completely in love with Orlando Bloom (a.k.a. Legolas the Elf). =D

@Kah. Not a problem and thank you.

@Jenny: Thanks for stopping by and for following.

@Daniela: I loved the book, but there are just soooo many elements in that book that I just know Hollywood would totally SCREW up. But should it ever become a movie I would still go see it regardless.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I will go and check out your FF's.