Friday, April 27, 2012

Follow Friday (18)

Is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This is a blog hop for bloggers to get to know other bloggers, & to help some gain more of a following and support system for their blog. It looks like it should be a lot of fun. To join in, go to the host's page and follow the steps they have posted up there. =D

This week's question is...

Have you had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then "broke up" with later on in the series or a stand-alone book? Tell us about him or her?

Oh wow. This is truly a hard question to answer. I can say honestly that I absolutely loved Ash (from The Iron Fey series) in the first book but for most of the second he absolutely irritated me, but he made up for that at the end of the book. Mm... Let me think about this one.

[thinks........]

Okay, can I include a whole book series cast here? It may be cheating but I really enjoyed the first book in 'The House of Night' series by P.C. & Kristin Cast, but by book 3 of the what 10 books and counting in that series, I absolutely hated the series and practically every character in it. And the only other one that comes to mind is Ever and Damen from 'The Immortals' series by Alyson Noel. I really like both characters during the first few books. But by the last book (6th one) it just ended horribly with those characters. =[

Don't get me wrong because there have been plenty of characters that I love that have irritated the living crude out of me. But they always end up redeeming themselves some how. It is a journey I am on with these characters and usually at the end, we are both (character and me) better in one fashion or another.

What about you have you ever been completely disappointed in a character that you used to love?

and enter now to win:
&

9 comments:

Ella said...

The House of Night series surely does have plenty of.. unlikeable, irritating characters, but somehow i manage to keep on reading the series ^^'

Old follower :)
Ella
Drop by my Feature & Follow? :)

Vanya D. said...

Huh... and I thought I hadn't read about any characters that fell in my eyes. But now that you mentioned those series... well.. let me say that I loved Ash all through the first 3 books, then book 4 ruined him in my eyes. Then the Immortals... let's just say that Ever didn't turn out to be a favorite character. I kind of liked that other guy though, the one who was never destined to be with her.. can't remember his name.

Anyways, I'm a new Networked Blogs follower ;)

Stop by my #FF and follow back?

Priscilla TheGreat said...

I've never read the Iron Fey series, but I did read a short story with some of the characters, I think. And I just couldn't get into it. Don't know why.
My FF Post

And don't forget to enter to win a Kindle Fire. The LPP Kindle Fire giveaway ends Monday April 30th!

Cassie S. said...

Ella: Oh, I have read all of the books in the series (except for the very last one that was published) as well. But the only reason I do it is because even though I hate them so much I have invested so much of my time that I can't just stop. But by no way do I enjoy the series. LOL. Weird I know.

@Vanya: Ohhh... Don't ruin anything for me. Currently right now I do still like Ash. It's a bummer when an author ruins a character for you =[. And his name was Jared. I would of rather Ever end up with him. LOL.

@Priscilla TheGreat: The Iron Fey series is greatly celebrated and a lot of people that I know love that series, but I must agree with you. While I like the series, I am not going crazy about it like some. Its a good series but its not the absolute best I have ever read either.

Thank you all for the amazing comments. I will check your FFs out when I get back from work tonight.

Kah Cherub said...

I agree about the House of Night. LOL

I'm a new gfc follower. :)

http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/04/ff-feature-and-follow-20.html

LibrarySnake said...

I completely agree about Ash. It sucks when an author does that to a character.

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/follow-friday_27.html

Tasnin said...

I feel the same way about The House of Night, I stopped reading it after book 3, quite a few of the characters were very hard to like.

Tasnin @ TheWildReader
My #FF - http://thewildreader.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/feature-and-follow-2.html

Melliane said...

I've only read the comic books so I couldn't say, but I'm curious to read the novel to know how it is.

old follower

here is mine

Cassie S. said...

@Kah: LOL yea. I have been thinking about hosting a giveaway on my blog and just letting the winner have my complete set of 'The House of Night' series, up till the 9th one.

@LibrarySnake: Unfortunately it happens more then we would wish for.

@Tasnin: LOL. I should have to. But I had already gotten all the books so I had to finish them. =[ LOL.

@Melliane: I was unaware that there was comic book you w3ent and saw. Hope that it was good.