Sunday, April 15, 2012

In My Mailbox (11)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, where you can post up what books you got for review, from the library, through trade, or even bought, etc. over the past week. 



 

I was contacted by the wonderful Andrea Cefalo, to do a book review on her debut novel The Fairytale Keeper: Avenging the Queen which comes out June 01 and coincides with the release of Snow White and the Huntsman. I was really excited when I got this in the mail from Ms. Cefalo. Not only did she sign the copy she sent me she also sent a wonderful thank you letter with it. That is absolutely amazing of her. Below I will put the bio of what the book is about because I could not find it on GoodReads. I just know I am going to love this one. I will have my review for it up before June 01, it's release date.  

Many called her Snow White, but few
knew her as the Fairytale Keeper...

 Snow White was a pet name her mother had given her, but her mother’s dead now.  Adelaide hates that name anyway.  A rampant fever claimed Adelaide’s mother just like a thousand others in Cologne where the people die without Last Rites and the dead are dumped in a large pit outside of the city walls.  Adelaide’s father is determined to obtain a funeral for his wife, but that requires bribing the parish priest, Father Soren.  When Soren commits an unforgivable atrocity, he pushes Adelaide to her breaking point, but if she seeks justice against the cruel priest, she risks sacrificing everything: her father, her friends, her first love, and maybe even her life.

If your interested in this book you can get a hold of Ms. Cefalo here

What books did you get in your Mailbox that your excited to share?

& enter to win my
300 Follower Giveaway
~HERE

16 comments:

Fara said...

Hmm.. Haven't heard of this. But I think I'll check it out :) Nice haul! =D

Drop by my IMM?
http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-17.html

mariska said...

I also never heard of this book. But it looks cool and sounds cool :D Hope you would enjoy reading it.

Mariska

IMM

And thanks for your awesome giveway :D

Valerie said...

Very pretty cover and sounds interesting!!

Im an old follower!

Have a great Sunday!
My IMM

Melliane said...

I don't know this book but it sounds nice. Happy reading!

My IMM

Meredith said...

Haven't heard of this one but the cover is very intriguing! Happy Reading! :)

-Meredith

Kristina said...

This book looks awesome! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I hope that you enjoy it!

Kristina
Ladybug Storytime

New follower :)

Nancy Allen said...

Have not heard of this one either. It sounds like it would be a great read.

Nancy @ The Avid Reader
New Follower

Here is mine
IMM

Dani said...

Awesome selection of books this week!

Thanks for sharing,
Dani
My IMM for this week - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1934

Ken Morrill said...

I have read an advanced copy. I have to say, this is not my usual read but it was AWESOME! I can't wait to get a final copy signed. Ms. Cefalo is signing all pre-orders placed before May 20th. If you want a signed one, go to her website http://www.andreacefalo.com and click the pre-order button.

Cassie S. said...

@Fara: Thanks. I had never heard of it either until Ms. Cefalo contacted me and asked me to read her novel. She is a awesome lady and I really look forward to reading her book. I am glad that you are interesting in looking at it as well. =D

@Mariska: I hope so as well. I will definitely let you know when my review for it is up.

@Valerie: It is a gorgeous cover. Can't wait to read it.

@Melliane: It is different then what I am used to reading but I really look forward to reading it.

@Meredith: I hadn't either until the author contacted me and send me an advanced copy to read. I am really looking forward to it.

@Kristina: Not a problem. I love it when I am able to bring new books to people attention. =D

@Nancy: I really look forward to reading it.

@Dani: It's what I am here for.

@Ken: I really look forward to reading the copy that Ms. Cefalo sent me. I am glad that you enjoyed your copy.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments and I will definitely go take a look at your IMM's as well. =D

Auggie said...

This looks like a promising read. I enjoy fairy-tale twist books!

You've got yourself a new follower!

Auggie @ http://auggietalk.blogspot.com

Cassie S. said...

@Auggie: I hope so. I am really looking forward to reading it. =D Thanks for the follow.

Aly said...

The cover looks so pretty :0 I think I might have to check it out.

Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
My IMM

Cassie S. said...

@Aly: It is a gorgeous cover. And Ms. Cefalo is so nice. I really looking forward to what she has for me in store with this book. =D

Stepping Out of the Page said...

I hadn't heard of this before, but after looking at that cover, I just have to check it out! Really great. Enjoy it!

New to your blog!
Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page

Cassie S. said...

@Stepping out of the Page: I hadn't heard of it before either until Ms. Cefalo contacted me. Of course most of the books I read now a days I have marked as to read on my Goodreads account so that is definitely were I find 99.9% of most of my books now. But I really look forward to reading it. I will let you know what I think of it when I get to it. =D