Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays (15)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser this week is...
"I start to protest, but her wide, innocent, and empty eyes tell me it would be pointless. I shiver, but it has nothing to do with how cold I feel as my sweat dries on my skin."
~Pg. 194, "Across the Universe" by Beth Revis

& enter to win
my 300 follower giveaway
~HERE

9 comments:

Nicole@The More the Merrier said...

Great Teaser! I have Across the Universe on my really need to get list.

My teaser

Cassie S. said...

@Nicole: You should definitely read it. So far it is really interesting and different. Its hard to wrap my mind around the fact that they are no where near Earth and will never be going back is a hard concept to wrap my mind around but beside that it is a really good story so far. Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier. =D

Karen and Gerard said...

Is she sick? She's sweating and cold?

Here's ours, we have two today: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/04/tuesday-teasers-one-and-only-ivan.html

Irish said...

I liked this book, but didn't love it. This was a good teaser though and I am looking forward to book 2.

My teaser is from Enchanted and can be found here

Leah said...

Really good teaser. Thanks for sharing.

http://polliwogblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/teaser-tuesday.html

Sandy Nachlinger said...

"Wide, innocent, and empty eyes." That's quite a description. Sounds like a good book.
Here's my teaser: Sandy's Teaser

Cassie S. said...

@Karen and Gerard: I actually don't know. It's a teaser for me to because I haven't even gotten to that part of the book yet.

@Irish: So far I am liking it. It was rather confusing in the beginning but I think I have the hang of it now. It is still to earlier for me to tell if it's just a like or a love yet though.

@Leah: Not a problem. Thats what Im here for. =D

@Sandy So far I am really enjoying it. It is definitely different then what I'm used to. They are on a ship thats headed to a new earth that will take 300 years to get to. So we will really have to see what they can do within the confined space they are given.

Thank you all for the great comments. I will go take a look at your Teasers now.

gautami tripathy said...

Wonderful teaser!

Here is my Teaser
Tuesday: Voices of the Dead by Peter Leonard
!

Cassie S. said...

@Gautami: Thank you. I will have to take a look at yours. =D