Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (1)

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they will post a 'Top Ten List' for them and bloggers alike to answer and it's always a different list question to answer.

This week's Top Ten to answer is:

 Top Ten Books to read in one day

Oh wow... This one is going to take some thinking on my parts. Which's books could I NOT put down? Mm, I don't think I have read any one book in one day for quite a while, but there are definitely some that I couldn't put down unless it was absolutely necessary, here's a list of them. =D

1. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
2. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
3. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
4. Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter
5. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
6. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
7. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
8. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
9. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
10. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

All of these books have made my blood rush and my heart flutter. They left me breathless and craving for more.   

  
I took this idea from Tater's Tall Tails (a blog I LOVE). I hope you don't mind.


What books could you not put down and could read in one day?
 
& enter to win 
my 300 follower giveaway
~HERE
 

10 comments:

Raine said...

I've heard a lot of good stuff about Hex Hall before. :D Great list!

Steph (Poetry to Prose) said...

Fab list! We feature some of the same ones and I agree on the addictive quality of the others that I've read, too. I wish I had added The Host because, gah, yes...that pulled me in so, so much.

My Top Ten

Cassie S. said...

@Raine: The Hex Hall series is amazing. I can't wait to get my greedy hands on 'Spell Bound'. I'm kind of dreading it also though because it's the last book in the series, but I know Rachel Hawkins will do it justice and it will have a good ending. =D

@Steph: Yes, 'The Host' was rather addicting. I was really excited when I found out that Stephenie Meyer was going to finally write two more books for the series. 'The Host' ended on such a cliff hanger that it needed more books to finish it off. I just wish it wouldn't of taken her approx. 4 years to write the next one. I am really looking forward to it this year. =D

Thank you both for the wonderful comments. I will go look at your list's now.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Hunger Games has emerged as one of those great series that everyone who reads at all picks up, reads, loves, and talks about.

Ciao!

Here's my Top Ten Books to Read in a Day. Let me know what you think of my list!

Fara said...

Great picks! Those are really great authors that I devoured their books in just a matter of hours! Awesome list!

Drop by my Top 10?
http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-10-books-to-read-in-day.html

Mary-Sweet Bookshelf said...

Heck yeah! Twilight baby! I'm loud and proud that I liked it. I think it's funny when people say they don't like the series but they read all 4 books. If I didn't like a book I sure as heck wouldn't be reading the whole series! I was ravenous when I read Twilight!

Tammy Sparks said...

I'm so glad you have Twilight on your list. Looks like we have similar tastes in books. Here's my Top Ten

Cassie S. said...

@Deb: A co-worker got me to read The Hunger Games and I am really glad that she did. It quickly became one of my all time favorite series and I also loved the movie.

@Fara: I had so many choices to pick from. I had to go to my goodreads read list to really narrow it down to my top ten. Loved them all.

@Mary: Twilight will always be one of my favorite series. Regardless of what a lot of people say about it. I'll be the first to admit that it's not a earth altering book series but it came into my life at a very hard time in my life and it was the thing that got me through a lot of hard times. So regardless I will always be loud and proud that I am a Twilight lover.

Tammy: I am always happy to hear from people who like a lot of the same books at me. A lot of the time I find myself loving books that not a lot of people liked and not liking a lot of books that people loved.

Thank you all for the amazing comments. I will go and take a look at your Top Ten now. =D

Mary-Sweet Bookshelf said...

I was practically ravenous with The Mortal Instruments! I read the 4 books in 3 days. I went crazy for them!! I love me a shadowhunter!

Cassie S. said...

@Mary-Sweet Bookshelf: I loved the first 3. But I will honestly admit that the additional 3 books that Cassandra Clare decided to add to the shadowhunter world, I just am not excited for. I believe that were the first 3 left off was perfect. I guess my dislike of the next 3 came from reading the 4th one and absolutely hating it. It was a sickly sweet, cruel world that I just couldn't immerse myself in anymore. I will eventually read the next 2 but I am not biting my nails down to the nub until they come out. It's just kind... eh, for me on them.