Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (4)

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they will post a 'Top Ten List' for them and bloggers alike to answer and it's always a different list question to answer.

This week's Top Ten to answer is:

Ten All Time Favorite Characters

All right so I searched my mind until it hurt to come up with my top 10 all time favorite characters. I may have gone over by like... 3 but 4 of all are all classed together because I couldn't pick one over the other when it came to them. So here they are, my top ten.

1. The Weasley's: (Ron, Ginny, George & Fred)
From: The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
How can you NOT love all 4 of them. The Weasley's are the kind of family that I would of absolutely LOVED to grow up in. They may not of had a lot of money or worldly goods, but they had each other, the love of their siblings and their amazing devoted parents. & I must say I have had a crush on Ron Weasley since movie one. I grew up with these characters, lived through their triumphs and cried through their pain and devastations. They will forever hold a special place in my heart. <3<3<3<3

2. Edward Cullen
From: The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
Ohhh.... Just look at that smile. I can feel my heart melting already. Edward was my FIRST book boyfriend and to this day he holds a special place in my heart. The Twilight series came into my life at a very vulnerable and hard time in my life and it was the thing that I was able to focus on and helped me get through a lot of dark days. I will admit that I am not as 'gaga' over Edward as I used to be, but I will always love him. Not to mention the fact that I've met Robert Pattinson before. & have I mentioned that smile? <3

3. Tsukino Usagi (a.k.a. Sailor Moon
From: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon by Naoko Takeuchi
All right, this one here is a little different. While Usagi is from a Japanese Manga, I have never actually read any of the mangas. I was a HUGE fan of the anime that I used to watch ALL the time when I was younger and still occasionally watch (I need to get all 5 seasons for it). Usagi was the first heroine that I fell in love with. She was always so honest and forthcoming, sweet and charming, but so extremely naive at times. She always saw the very best in everyone and strived to find the non-violent solution if at all possible. She stood up for her friends and family and always put them before herself. She was the superhero that I always wished I was. & still do sometimes. LOL. She was one of my role models, that made me want to made something of my life and she is definitely the reason I am and always will be unfailingly loyal to my friends and family. <3

4. Skye O'Malley
From: The O'Malley Saga by Bertrice Small
Skye O'Malley changed my life and I mean that literally. It was this series right here that put me on the track to who I am today. The reader that I am today. The writer that I am today. Skye will always be one of the STRONGEST female heroine that I have come across. She goes through so so much in this series (that follows her story and eventually the story of her descendants) that it is hard to believe she made it out. But she did, she persevered through everything, found love and lost it so many times, it breaks my heart to think about. However, even though it has been a good 7+ years since I last had the chance to read this book (the first in the series) I can still vividly remember almost everything that happens in it. That is saying a lot since there are some books that I read no more then a few months ago and have already forgotten a lot of the details. Bertrice Small is definitely the one I accredit for me wanting to one day be a writer and her tale of Skye O'Malley. <3

5. Rosemarie 'Rose' Hathaway
From: The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Badass. Fiery. Fearless. Faithful. Unwavering. Those are a few of the words I think of when Rose comes to mind. Of course, fearless may not be the best of descriptions because there were plenty of things she feared even if she put on a tough front. Rose is definitely my ALL time favorite YA heroine. Her ability to take the world head on is something that I highly admire. She is one of the bravest characters that I have ever come upon. She is undaunted in her search for love and her undying loyalty to her friends. She reminds me lot of myself and is definitely one of the characters I have connected with the most in a series. I lived through her eyes the entire time I was reading the vampire academy series and I was truly sad when it had to come to an end after book 6. But I am so glad that she was able to find her happily ever after (which is always an unending progress). She is one of the characters that changed the most in a series for me. <3

6. Peeta Mellark 
From: The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
Peeta Mellark. Need I honestly say any more then that? LOL, I will of course though. Peeta is the first male character in a series that I honestly connected with solely for his personality and character (his morals and beliefs). It wasn't until Josh Hutcherson was cast in his role for the movie that I started to drool over him for his looks.... (wipes drool off keyboard). Peeta is loyal to himself. While I have admired other characters for being loyal to friends and family, I must say its the fact that Peeta never allows anything that he goes through to change who HE is, is what I love him the most for. While for the most part he is unwavering in his love for Katniss (even her flaws that he is fully aware of) he never falters in his beliefs. That takes guts and a will of steel. All things I wish I had. <3

7. Dimitri Belikov
From: The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
My second book boyfriend. Oh but how I absolutely adore you. Dimitri, where to start with him. He's a hard character to analyse at least for me. Of course without a doubt he is loyal and unwavering in his beliefs. But even beyond that he is the most honorable of all my Top Ten. He sacrifices true love because it would go against his duty and moral code. While he is eventually able to find happiness, its not until after he goes through a very dark time. It is his love that saves him and his loved ones who never gave up on him no matter what. After book 3 of this series, almost every time he had a scene in a book for at least books 4 & 5, I was in tears. Book 6 is when he is finally able to find himself again (and how my heart lightened). It is hard for me to explain what it is about Dimitri that makes me love him so much, but I will always be unwaveringly loyal to him and my love for this character and the struggles he had to go through. <3

8. Tucker Avery
From: The Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand
Tucker Avery, a sweet-hearted cowboy and all around good guy. It was like instant love for me with this character. I couldn't not love the way he always teased Clara and their bickering back and forth was absolutely adorable. I must say I was rooting (and still am) 100% for them. And the way that he gradually won her heart over. What I wouldn't do to find a guy who could win my heart like that. Hey, a girl can dream right? <3

9. Sam
From: The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater
Adorable. Honorable. And absolutely IN LOVE with Grace. Sam risks everything for his love for Grace. Even while in wolf form he can never truly forget her even though he forgets everything else. And when something ultimately splits them apart he does everything in his will power to bring them back together again. If that isn't true love and devotion then I don't know what his. It was his unfaltering love for Grace and his sweetness with her that will always have me loving him. <3

10. Jericho Barrons
From: The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
Oh, my newest book boyfriends. BARRONS. Just call him Mr. Tall, Dark & Handsome. I loved him from the moment he popped up in 'Darkfever', even when he was putting some up weight upon Mac's chest he eventually left bruises, I still couldn't hate him. Even though I still don't know much about him because I have only read the first book so far, I am already treasuring this character. He was the reason I kept on going with the book (don't get me wrong, it's a good story, but without him in it it would of been nothing). I am so looking forward to reading 'Bloodfever' just in the hopes that I can get more of Barrons and learn more about him. He's found a permanent place in my heart. <3



There you have it my Top Ten Favorite Characters.
Who made your lists?

and enter to win my
&
Magical Giveaway   

12 comments:

Fara said...

Dimitri, Rose and Edward. Totally. Awesome list!=D

Drop by my Top 10?

Pocketful of Books said...

Awww wow that's awesome that you've met R-Patz! The smile is rather swoonworthy! I am reading 'Shiver' at the moment and loving Sam at the moment...and Grace too!

My TTT: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/top-ten-tuesday-favourite-characters-in.html

Lauren@THCW said...

Yup, the Weasleys ARE awesome. I picked just one for my list, but I can see why you'd stick the whole family on here :-) And I'm getting the feeling that I'm going to need to read the Vampire Academy books, since they're popping up on nearly every list I've looked at!

I'd love for you to check out my Top Ten Tuesday!

Cassie S. said...

@Fara: Gotta love them.

@Pocketful of Books: He is even hotter in person. It is one of my favorite memories. I love the whole 'wolves of mercy falls' series. =D

@Lauren: I was only going to pick one at first as well. But then I came across the photo I used for them and just new that I needed to put them all in there because they were all amazing characters. The vampire academy series is my second favorite series. I LOVE it. You should definitely read the books if you get the chance.

Ems said...

The Weasleys!!! I DO so adore them. All of them except Percy. Well, until the end. Then he's okay.

Thanks for stopping by my blog this week!

barefootmeds said...

I agree, the Weasly family is awesome! I love the description of their house and would not have minded a visit to them.
By the way, thanks for teaching me a new word: Anfractuous. I like it.
Feel free to visit my list :)

Chelsey Lynn said...

Ok so this was amazing!! I love pretty much everything you said in this post!! Come over and check out my blog as I am new to the YA blogging world :)

Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

(New Follower)

lillylilac said...

I love Sailor Moon as well and I used to pretend to be her all the time when I was little, also the manga has recently been released or rereleased in English so it's a good time to start the manga. I also love Sam, I kind of think it's impossible not to.

Michelle said...

Haha, the Weasleys! And Peeta! I put Gale on mine ^^; Great post, and you have a new follower as well. :) Please check out mine: My TTT<--- :)

Cassie S. said...

@Ems: I will be the first to admit that I never finished the Harry Potter books. My love for the series is more to do with the movies. Percy was never really a big part of the movies but it is sort of explained what happens with him. I am glad he finally came around in the end. =D

@barefootmeds: LOL, it was totally a new word for me to when I first discovered it. Love that word now. I would of totally loved growing up in a house like they had.

@Chelsey: Thanks. I put a lot of thought into this post. Took me nearly 2 hours to do it all. I will definitely check yours out. =D

@Lillylilac: LOL. Yea, Sailor Moon was who I aspired to be when I was younger. And Sam is just amazing.

@Michelle: Gale never really did much for me. I'll be honest with you that I pretty much hated his character in every single one of the books. But it is good that you were able to see something in him that I was unable to. =D

Thank you all for the amazing comments.

Angela said...

Great list. The Weasleys made it onto a lot of Top Tens this week.
Angela @ AJ Arndt Books Blog

Cassie S. said...

@Angela: Cause they are absolutely BRILLIANT. =D Thanks for stopping by. I'll take a look at your list.