Tuesday, April 10, 2012

W.W.W. Wednesdays (16)

W.W.W. Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play simply answer the questions below:

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading 'Elemental' by Emily White. Spencer Hill Press was amazingly kind to provide me with a copy, it releases May 01, 2012. I wanted to get it read and have my review posted up since it comes out soon. So far I am enjoying it. I will admit at the beginning I was really doubting I would like it and it was confusing me a lot, but after a while it has definitely started to pick up and get a lot better. I am sure I will enjoy it, it is a fast read at only 180 pages, but I really look forward to seeing what Emily has in store for me with this one. =D
  
What did you recently finish reading?
I recently finished reading 'Wolfsbane' by Andrea Cremer. I loved 'Nightshade', the first book in this series, so it was only natural that 'Wolfsbane' the second in the series, drew me right in and dragged me along while with the story. I was loving everything (even if it was a little predictable for me after a while) all the way up till the very last chapter. The last chapter really took down my opinion of this book at least a whole star. So frustrating, makes Calla seem like such a s*** in this book. I was sad to see that, because she was such a strong female character in 'Nightshade' and I think she really lost that part of herself in this book =(. But don't get me wrong, I still loved this was and look forward to reading 'Bloodrose' the last in the series. 

What do you think you'll read next?
Next I am going to read 'Forgive my Fins' by Tera Lynn Childs. This book cover totally doesn't fit in with the last two book covers. LOL, any ways, this one is about Mermaids... OHHH!!! I don't think I have ever read a YA paranormal, strictly about mermaids, where the main character was a mermaid. So for that fact alone I am really looking forward to reading this one. I haven't really read any reviews on it, so I don't know what the general consensus is for this one, but I really hope that it is good. By the by, I really love this cover. =D

What book are your reading?
What book did you just finish?
What book are you going to read next?

10 comments:

Book Slave said...

Hi there :) just popping in...
I'm still not sure about reading Nightshade, quite a few friends haven't liked Calla at all. I find it hard to like a book if I don't connect with the main character.

Here is my choice...
Waiting On Wednesday

Tea, Daydreams & Fairytales said...

I don't know about the whole Mermaid YA book thing! I know a few came out last year but I steered clear so I'll be interested to see what you think of it :)

My WWW for the week: http://www.teadaydreamsandfairytales.com/2012/04/www-wednesday-2/

Irish said...

I always hate when the last chapter of a book completely changes my thoughts on it. Hopefully Bloodrose will go better for you.

I've heard of Forgive My Fins but haven't read it. Not really into the whole mermaid craze.

My WWW Wednesday is here.

Peek a BooK! said...

Hi!
You can find my WWW here: http://www.peekabook.it/2012/04/www-wednesday-apr11.html

Valentina
www.peekabook.it

collettakay said...

My daughter is loving all books mermaid right now.

Here's my WWW Wed:

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/04/www-wednesdays-41112.html

Colletta

mariska said...

Like your WWW. And I hope you enjoy reading your books.
And hopefully I would read the books by andrea cremer. Because they sound so very good :D

If you like to see my www wednesday you can come over
http://me-andmybooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/www-wednesdays-2.html

Mariska

Kwizgiver said...

Such interesting book covers!

Mo said...

I just came across Elemental on another blog. Looks pretty interesting. Sounds like a great read!

Hope you can swing by my WWW Wednesday post.

Happy Reading

Bookzilla said...

Nightshade irritated the fire out of me. Glad I didn't rush out to read the sequel. Sorry it was disappointing for you.

Here's my WWW for the week. Happy reading!

Cassie S. said...

@Book Slave: Calla is definitely a like or hate character. There is no in between when it comes to her. But regardless of what other people think of a book, I always definitely still grab it and let it have a go with me. At least that's how I love to do it.

@Tea, Daydreams and Fairytales: I have no clue if I will like it or not. I haven't read any reviews for it, at least not that I can remember. But I definitely want to see what it's about. I will let you know when my review for it is up. =D

@Irish: It just really frustrated me. Maybe because I'm completely a Shay fan and could give two cents about what happens to Ren, especially after what he did in this book to Calla. Thanks, I will see if I like the mermaid book. I am just really excited because it's the first book I will have read just about mermaids and not them just being mentioned.

@Peek a BooK!: Thank you.

@Collettakay: I really hope that I enjoy it. =D

@Mariska: I do like Andrea Cremer's books. Hopefully you are able to get them eventually.

@Kwizgiver: They all definitely scream personality.

@Mo: It is pretty okay. I will definitely let you know what I think of it.

@Bookzilla: It didn't really disappoint me, it was just the last chapter that irritated me. For the most part I loved it.

Thank you for all the wonderful comments. I am going to go work on my book, after that I will definitely go check out your W.W.W.'s =D