Friday, May 04, 2012

Follow Friday (19)

Is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This is a blog hop for bloggers to get to know other bloggers, & to help some gain more of a following and support system for their blog. It looks like it should be a lot of fun. To join in, go to the host's page and follow the steps they have posted up there. =D

This week's question is...

What is one thing you wish you could tell your favorite author?

I am grateful that I was actually able to talk with my favorite author of all time. She was actually really down to Earth and answered every email I sent her. We talked briefly and it was really inspiring. LOL, I guess I should tell you who that is, her name is Bertrice Small. She is a historical romance writer and it was her books that really changed my life. While I may not be as much into historical romances as I used to, I can honestly say there was never a single one of her books that I did not absolutely ADORE. And I chalk it all up to her. She is the reason that I am such a book worm, she is the reason why I aspire to be an author and actually know that I can do it one day. And when I told her all this in the email I sent her, she just boosted me up even more. Gave me some pointers and told me to go for it. She is an amazing woman and if you have never been able to read any of her series, I HIGHLY recommend that you pick some of her books up. They are FABULOUS.

Here's her link on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/67038.Bertrice_Small

Thank you Bertrice, for being the amazing writer that you are and for setting me on a path that changed my life.

and enter to win:

8 comments:

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I'm not familiar with Beatrice Small. But I want to read more historical romances. I'll have to check her out.
My Hop

Cassie S. said...

@Alison: If you like historical romances you cant go wrong with Bertrice Small. In my opinion she is the QUEEN of historical romances. Absolutely adore her. =D

Melliane said...

With surprise I know this author lol, I have some french books written by her. Nice choice!

old follower

here is mine

Ellen said...

Hi, I haven't heard of Beatrice Small, she sounds like a great author.

I'm a new GFC follower.

Ellen @ Always YA at Heart – Here’s my FF

Dalene @ A Date with a Book said...

I love historical romance, but haven't heard of Bertrice Small. Will definitely check out the link. New GFC Follower! Here's my FF

Kelsey said...

Just popping through! I've never heard of Beatrice Small, but I've been looking to expand myself a little. If you were to suggest one of her books, which would it be?

Looked around the blog a little. I LOVE your about me page! What kind of book are you writing?

I'm a new follower! Feel free to visit my FF!

Tasnin said...

I enjoy historical romances but I haven't come across Beatrice Small. She seems really awesome so I'll check her out! :)

My #FF - http://thewildreader.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/feature-follow-3.html

Cassie S. said...

@Melliane: That is awesome. I have been a fan of hers for years.

@Ellen: You should check her out if you get the chance.

@Dalene: Wow, I'm surprised that you haven't heard of her yet if you love historical romances.

@Kelsey: If you wanted to read any of her books I would definitely read 'Skye O'Malley', but that is a big series of books as well. Some other good ones to that I can think of off the top of my head are 'The Innocent', 'The Kadin', 'A Moment in Time', 'Unconquered', she has a lot more but those are some really good ones.

@Tasnin: You should definitely check out some of her books if you like historical romance.

Thank you all for the amazing comments. I will take a look at your FF's as well.