Thursday, May 10, 2012

Follow Friday (20)

Is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This is a blog hop for bloggers to get to know other bloggers, & to help some gain more of a following and support system for their blog. It looks like it should be a lot of fun. To join in, go to the host's page and follow the steps they have posted up there. =D

This week's question is...

This Sunday in the U.S. is Mother's Day. In Celebration, what are some of your favorite with strong mother/child relationships?

Uh.... I have no stinking idea. To be honest, the relationship between mother and child is usually not the strongest point to come across in the books that I read. The one that immediately popped into my head when I read this question was the mother/daughter relationship in 'Unearthly' by Cynthia Hand. The reason it pops into my head is because out of a lot of the books that I have read, their relationship with one another reminds me the of my relationship with my mother. It is just so REAL. It's not perfect, but you know there is love there when everything hits the fan. 

What about you? What's your favorite mother/child relationship in a book?

12 comments:

fakesteph said...

I've seen this mentioned so many times! I know people have liked it a lot. I need to hurry up and read this series!! Thanks for stopping by!

Cassie S. said...

@fakesteph: 'Unearthly' is by far one of my favorite series. I'm sad that I haven't been able to read 'Hallowed' yet. I need to get my greedy hands on it already. =D

Imo said...

New Follower!
I said Unearthly too, snap! Good choice ;)

Have an awesome friday,
My FF

Vanya D. said...

I've seen this answer on several posts already :)

Happy Friday!

My Follow Friday

The Plot Thickens said...

A popular pick today.

http://theplotthickensbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow.html

Melliane said...

I haven't read this one yet but it sounds like a nice choice!

old follower

here is mine

Tasnin said...

I totally agree with you! It took alot of thinking for me to come up with Unearthly :)

Have a great weekend!

My #FF: http://thewildreader.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/feature-follow-4.html

Kathryne (Paperback Fantasies) said...

I so picked Unearthly as well. I don't think there's much to choose from in my opinion, but that one's a good one! Old follower! :)

My Feature & Follow Post.

Sophie said...

Great pick, not a lot of options out there, wouldn't you agree? New follower, take a peek at my FF? It would also mean the world if you'd return the favor:)

Sarah Brown said...

Old follower now also following through Networked Blogs, I love this series I can't believe I didn't think o it when I was thinking of mine, my FF

http://www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/feature-and-follow-friday-27.html

Catie @ Movies in my Head said...

I need to read Unearthly! I've heard such great things about it!!

new follower :)
My FF

Cassie S. said...

@Imo: Unearthly has one of the best parent/child relationships I have seen in YA books.

@Vanya: LOL, yea I have to. But it was the first thing that came to mind when I was thinking about this question.

@The Plot Thickens: The best pick in my opinion. =D

@Melliane: Ohhhh.... You soooo need to get your hands on it whenever you can. Its an amazing read.

@Tasnin: Thank you so much. I hope you have an amazing week as well. It's weird but in a lot of the YA books I read parent/child relationships just aren't stressed.

@Kathryne: LOL, no there really isn't. But Unearthly was definitely the only one coming to mind for me.

@Sophie: Yea, there really aren't that many options unfortunately.

@Sarah: Thanks for the follow through Networked Bloggers. I will have to take a look at yours to see what you choose instead. Unearthly was the only thing that came to mind when I read this question. It was like instantly in my head before I even finished reading the question.

@Catie: Oh.... I can't believe you haven't read it yet, its SOOOO amazing. I need to get my greedy hands on 'Hallowed' the next book in the series.