Thursday, May 17, 2012

Follow Friday (21)

Is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This is a blog hop for bloggers to get to know other bloggers, & to help some gain more of a following and support system for their blog. It looks like it should be a lot of fun. To join in, go to the host's page and follow the steps they have posted up there. =D

This week's question is...

Summer Break is upon us! What would be the perfect vacation spot for you to catch up on your reading and relaxing?

Oh wow! I love going on vacations but I don't really think vacations are a time for me to catch up on my reading. Relaxing, most definitely. Vacations are the ultimate in relaxation, but I catch up on most of my reading, mainly on my days off of work, especially if I have a few off in a row. I am actually going on vacation to 2 different water parks next month with the family (Kansas City, Kansas & Kansas City, Missouri). But below I will give you a list of all the biggest places I eventually want to vacation to (Note: If I ever get to go to these places, very little reading would get done, however. lol).



1. ENGLAND: OME!!!! How I have had a love affair with everything England since I was a little girl. I would actually love to live there for a while (like a year or so) to really be able to take it all in. My heart beats for England and I will definitely make sure that I am able to vacation there someday.



2. Ireland/Scotland/Germany: Any of these places would be amazing to travel to. I am mostly of German, Scottish, Irish and English decent. So not only do I love these countries, for their beauty, culture, history, it would be amazing to see the land of my ancestors.



3. Australia: I would love to go there for the sites and beauty. But that is also the homeland of Chris Hemsworth (oh the accent), if they breed men like that, I need to go there A.S.A.P. lol.



4. Hawaii: Is just plain gorgeous. Need I say more?


5. Anywhere I haven't been to yet. A vacation is a vacation (no matter where you go, besides your house, lol). It is all so beautiful to see what state to state, has to offer you and what each different country can offer. They are all beautiful in their own rights. 

I think the only place that wouldn't hold as much awe-inspiring in me would be (Arizona, Utah, Nebraska or New York) and that is simply because I have lived in all 4 of these states so far in my 23 years. But they are still beautiful no matter what. =D

What about you? What places would you love to vacation to to get some reading and relaxation? 

19 comments:

Jennifer Messerschmidt said...

Hawaii is gorgeous! I definitely want to go back there!
Thanks for stopping by My FF and following!
I'm following GFC & Linky.

sinn said...

Awesome choices! We went to Scotland, England, and Wales for our honeymoon. They are wonderful places and full of rich history. I agree with you, living in England would be amazing! Australia is up there for me, too!


Here's mine: http://www.sinnfulbooks.com/2012/05/follow-friday_17.html

New follower!!

sinn @ sinnful books

Lee @ Rally The Readers said...

England also tops my list of places I'd like to visit someday. I'd love to see not only London but also the countryside, à la Pride and Prejudice.

New GFC follower. Our FF

Felicia said...

Wow! Awesome places! I'd love to go to those places too.

Thanks for stopping by and following. Am now following your blog too.

~ Livin' Life Through Books

Herding Cats - Burning Soup said...

I'd love to go to Ireland/Scotland too. They're on my one day list :) But yeah, can't see ANY reading really happening.

Have fun at the water parks! Sounds good during a hot summer.

Cassie S. said...

@Jennifer: I want to go to Hawaii to not only see my friend that lives there but the beautiful scenery. So breath taking.

@Sinn: O.o your soooo lucky. Should I ever get married I definitely think my Honeymoon would be something similar to yours. I would want to go to all of those places as well.

@Lee: Yea. London would be a must, but like you said when I go to England I would definitely need to get out there and see the countryside as well.

@Felicia: They are so breath taking and just so full of history. They are the original homelands of my ancestors and sometimes I wish I would of been born there instead of the U.S. My heart craves to be in those places. LOL.

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I read one of your comments on another blog that you're from Phoenix. So am I! I went to ASU, not NAu though. I left after college for Minnesota and now California and soon to be Montana (probably). I miss Arizona - not because it's all that great - but because it's home.
My Hop

Cassie S. said...

@Herding Cats - Burning Soup: LOL. Yea most definitely not. Any vacation time I do, I do specifically for myself and just relax from life. So while I love to read I can't imagine if I went to those places that I would even bring a book along... Well except for the plane ride. =D

@Alison: That's awesome. What part of Arizona are you from? I completely understand you. After H.S. I went to NAU, but I only finished a semester before I ran away to NYC. I was there for a year before I went back to Arizona and finished my associates degree. Now I live in Nebraska. I don't think I will ever move back to Arizona, but I understand about missing it simply because it is home. That is where I was born and raised, there will always be a part of me that belongs to Arizona.

Alison Can Read said...

I'm from Ahwatukee. I lived in Yuma when I was in elementary school and then moved to Phx when I was 10. Funny that you're in Nebraska. I'm kinda going that way too. We're living in Cali for a year, but almost certainly moving to Montana in August.

Cassie S. said...

@Alison: That should be a lot of fun. I have an Uncle that lives in Montana. I've been up there before to during one of my summer vacations from H.S. (back when my Mom lived there). You should really enjoy it there, it's gorgeous. I'm in Nebraska now, but I don't know how long I will be here. Maybe a year or so. I love to move around. When I am in one place for to long I start to feel trapped and need to get out. LOL. I have no clue where I will end up next.

Keely Mahaffey said...

Great places :) Always wanted to visit Scotland..

Hopping over from Realms of an Open Mind :)

Happy Reading :)

Amie@Mom Reads My Books! said...

Great answers and I love your pictures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Melliane said...

Oh a lot of amazing place, I would love to go as well, maybe one day!

here is mine

Lori said...

Great list of places! I'd go to any of them as well. And you're right, you couldn't catch up on reading at any of those places. Though you probably could during the plane rides!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following you back :-)
Have a happy Friday!
Lori

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

I love all the country and places you've chosen! <3 I would go there in a heartbeat :D

http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow-5.html

Cassie S. said...

@Keely: Yea me to. One day I will save up so that I can go to all of those places. I mean I need to get my passport first. But that is one of my ultimate dreams.

@Amie: It took me like an hour to find all of those photos. I had to really show the beauty that I love so much about all of these places.

@Melliane: Yea. It won't be any time soon for me. But I will definitely make sure I go one day. =D

@Lori: Heck no. I would be to caught up in the fact that I was actually there after all the many years of dreaming of going. The plane right yea, because like they are all like 18 hour rides. LOL

@Mel: Heck yea. I need to start saving up so that I can go there in like 10 years. LOL, gonna need a lot to go to all of them.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. =D

Tribute Books Mama said...

A great list of places.

Patricia said...

I don't really know if Germany is a great country to visit. I live here and never felt like there were that many places.. But then, I live in a small-town. :'D

Patricia // My Hop

Cassie S. said...

@Tribute Books Mama: I will go to all of them someday.

@Patricia: LOL. I can understand that, but a lot of the time the place that you live doesn't hold as much appeal to you as it would others. And like 75% of my ethnic background is German so I would definitely want to see the land of my ancestors.