Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays (21)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser this week is...
"Being grounded, however, didn't stop me from sneaking out the back door of my house at night so that Will and I could patrol for reapers. We either trained or hunted every night, and I was getting better. I learned to strike for the head or the heart to bring the reapers down quickly and avoid getting injured as much as possible." 
~ Pg. 171, "Angelfire" by Courtney Allison Moulton 

10 comments:

Claire said...

Great teaser! Angelfire sounds like an interesting read with a little hints of Buffy (which is usually good).

My teaser is here if you'd like a look :)

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

Well that's good no one wants to get injured hunting reapers

Pamela said...

Ohh I hope you're enjoying this! I love love love this series, and love Courtney. Great teaser :)

Feel free to check out my teaser here.

Cassie S. said...

@Claire: I have literally read only a few pages of it so far so I have no clue. But I have heard both positive and negative about it and am looking forward to reading it. If you check back next week I should definitely have my review about it then. =D

@LOL. I don't think anybody wants to get hurt period. That stuff hurts.

@Pamela: I have only barely started it. Check back next week and I should definitely have my review of it up.

City Girl Who Loves to Read said...

An exciting teaser.

here's mine.

Sandy Nachlinger said...

I guess it's true that practice makes perfect! This sounds like an intense book.
My teaser is here (Sandy's Teaser) along with a relevant movie trailer.

Brittani said...

Great teaser! I remember this from Angelfire! I really enjoyed this book though I enjoyed the second one even more!

My Teasers

-Brittani :)

Aliaa El-Nashar said...

Sounds like an exciting book. Hope you're enjoying it!
Here's mine:

http://www.aliaaelnashar.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesdays-2.html

Kat said...

Sounds like an interesting teaser! :) And the idea of hunting reapers is certainly exciting!

Cassie S. said...

@City Girl Who Loves to Read: It's an interesting book so far.

@Sandy: LOL, I would only hope so or we would be screwed on most things.

@Brittani: I am enjoying it so far. I really like Will. I look forward to eventually getting and reading 'Wings of the Wicked'. I love the cover for it. =D

@Aliaa: Its definitely exciting, practically action packed from the very beginning.

@Kat: And these Reapers are nothing like we usually know them as.