Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (6)

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they will post a 'Top Ten List' for them and bloggers alike to answer and it's always a different list question to answer.

This week's Top Ten to answer is:

 Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes

1. "Fools talk, cowards are silent, wise men listen." Carlos Ruiz Zafon (The Shadows of the Wind)

2. "Live in the present, remember the past, and fear not the future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now." Christopher Paolini (Eldest)

3. "Books are my friends, my companions. They make me laugh and cry and find meaning in life." Christopher Paolini (Eldest)

4. "In the real world, you can make your own miracles." Richelle Mead (Frostbite)

5. "Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I'm glad for that." Ally Condie (Matched)

6. "Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
"If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked."
Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)

7. "Remember, were madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it." Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games)

8. "Sometimes it's better to stop trying to make sense of things. Life isn't clear cut, there are always grey areas." Alexandra Adornetto (Halo)

9. "Heroes are made by the paths they choose, not the powers they are graced with." Brodi Ashton (Everneath)

10. He loves me. Inside his head, his every thought and reaction was born of love, love inside and out, crazy, irrational (and sure,  a bit lustful) love. He loves me, and that's also what terrified him when he saw me all lit up like a Christmas tree. He doesn't know what I am, but he loves me." Cynthia Hand (Unearthly)

Okay, so these are some of my top favorite quotes from books. I HAVE SOOOO MANY MORE!!! These 10 are in no particular order, I just love them because it they really make me sit back and speculate on my own life and the way I see stuff (or they just simply make me feel good inside).


What are some of your favorite quotes?

4 comments:

Sharon (Fictionally Inclined) said...

Oh, I love that quote from Unearthly! Be still, my heart. ♥

Bekka said...

I also quoted Suzanne Collins, but I got mine from Mockingjay. THG is full of great little pieces.

My TTT

MissKimberlyStardust said...

Excellent choices! I love them all :) +New gfc follower!
Here's my Top10 post :)

-Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

Cassie S. said...

@Sharon: Oh how I am ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE with Tucker. =D

@Bekka: Yea, I saw a lot of quotes from the THG series.

@MissKimberlyStardust: I had to refer to my Goodreads list. Had forgotten how many amazing quotes I had on there. =D