Wednesday, May 02, 2012

W.W.W. Wednesdays (19)

W.W.W. Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play simply answer the questions below:

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading 'Torn' by Amanda Hocking. It is the second book in the Trylle series. I literally just finished my other book and picked this one up, so I haven't even read any of it yet. But I am hoping that it will be a good addition to the series. I enjoyed the first book and hope that I like this one as well. =D




What did you recently finish reading?
I just recently (like less then 10 minutes ago) finished reading 'Blood Red Road' by Moira Young. This was a really hard book for me to get into. It was written completely different then anything I have ever read before. But closer to the ending, I actually found myself getting into it a lot more then I would of expected. I have no clue where the next book in this series is going to take me, but I am actually looking forward to reading it. Which was not something I would of said at the beginning of this book. Stay posted for my review on it.

What do you think you'll read next?
Next I am going to read 'Tantalize' by Cynthia Leitich Smith. I know I have said it before, but I honestly have no clue what to expect with this book. I have read no reviews for it, so I have absolutely no knowledge before hand going into this one. But the premise of it seemed interesting so I wanted to give it a try. I'll keep my fingers crossed. 



and enter to win my giveaways:

8 comments:

Peek-a-booK! said...

"Torn" has a wonderful cover!

Here's mine WWW:

http://www.peekabook.it/2012/05/www-wednesday-may02.html

Valentina
www.peekabook.it

Irish said...

I think I'm one of the few people that didn't like Amanda Hocking's book Switched...but glad to see you are enjoying it. I've heard mixed things about Moira Young's book but htink I might give it a shot now.

My WWW Wednesday can be found here.

Cassie S. said...

@Peek-a-BooK!: I like all the covers for this series. This book is interesting. Going in a different direction then I originally thought it would, but still interesting.

Cassie S. said...

@Irish: LOL. No I am sure your not. I've read both positive and negative for this series. I just say to each their own. Not everybody is going to love something. Just the way the cookie crumbles, I guess.

I will tell you this 'Blood Red Road', at least for me, was a REALLY hard book to get into. There were a lot of times I considered putting it down. It was just so completely different (writing) then I am used to. Just didn't feel right. But the more you read it the easier it is and you get used to it. The ending is worth it.

collettakay said...

I'm going to look for Torn and Tantalize. Thanks for the heads up!

Here's my WWW Wed and a giveaway:

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/05/www-wednesday-giveaways-5112.html

Colletta

Kwizgiver said...

What gorgeous covers! I haven't heard of any of these books, I've got to check them out.

Tea, Daydreams & Fairytales said...

Torn has the most beautiful cover and I'm pretty sure I've got book 1 in my to-read list. Will have to go make sure as the series sounds interesting!

My WWW for the week:
http://www.teadaydreamsandfairytales.com/2012/05/www-wednesday-5/

Happy Reading!

Cassie S. said...

@collettakay: That's what I'm here for. I am enjoying 'Torn' right now. I will see what I think about 'Tantalize' soon. =D

@Kwizgiver: They are all pretty covers. I have to say I am a sucker for pretty covers.

@Tea, Daydreams and Fairytales: I have them all in the series now and all 3 of them have gorgeous covers. I enjoyed the first book more then the second one so far. But I am only about half way through with it so it still has a lot of room to improve. We will just have to read and see. =D

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I will check out all of your W.W.W.'s as soon as I get home tonight. =D