Wednesday, May 23, 2012

W.W.W. Wednesdays (22)

W.W.W. Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play simply answer the questions below:

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading 'Taken at Dusk' by C.C. Hunter. The Shadow Falls series is on my Top 5 favorite series. I am soooo excited to start this one. I know it will be just as amazing as the other 2 were and it says on the back that Kylie FINALLY figures out what she is. I can't wait to find out. It's such a mystery and Ms. Hunter has said that what Kylie is is the best supernatural creature ever and is also what she would be if she could be one. =D


What did you recently finish reading?
I recently finished reading 'Wither' by Lauren DeStefano. After all the hype I had heard about this book I was expecting to be blown away. But unfortunately I just wasn't.... This book disappointed and irritated me in so many different ways that by half way through I was skimming most of the pages just to get through it. It had such a strong premise and could have been amazing, it just fell short for me, though. =/


What do you think you'll read next?
Next I am going to read 'Darkness Becomes Her' by Kelly Keaton. I have been wanting to read this book for like EVER now. I got it back in Christmas but haven't been able to pick it up. I have heard good things about it and the back description of it sounds amazing. So I am definitely going to cross my fingers and hope that it's a good one. =D 

4 comments:

Peek-a-booK! said...

Oh Cassie, too bad you didn't like "Wither"! I haven't heard anythig about it, but I'm sorry for you :(

Here you can find my WWW post for this week:
http://www.peekabook.it/2012/05/www-wednesdays-may23.html

Valentina
www.peekabook.it

Irish said...

I didn't like Wither either so you aren't alone there! I really need to get back to the Shadows Falls series. I read and enjoyed the first one but just haven't made it to the rest of the series yet. Although I don't like that it takes 3 books for Kylie to learn about herself...I'm getting tired of long, drawn out plots.

I also just bought the second book in the Darkness Becomes Her series...I'm really looking forward to it as the first one was so interesting.

My WWW Wednesday is here.

Susan @ The Book Bag said...

I haven't read any of these books. They sound interesting.

Here’s my WWW

Cassie S. said...

Peek-a-BooK!: 'Wither' had a really great premise and could have been amazing. But it just didn't work as a YA book. It needed to be a lot more graphic and with polygamy in this mix it needed a lot more then it gave.

@Irish: Yea, I will admit that it's a tad bit annoying that she hasn't figured out what she is yet and it's the third book. I want her to be able to kick some butt by now, but I guess it is what it is. I still love the series. Like I said 'Wither' had a great premise and could of been amazing, I just couldn't get into it though, I will still read 'Fever' because I'm interested in seeing where the series goes, but I'll wait until it comes out in paperback.

@Susan: You should definitely read them if you are able to get them. The Shadow Falls series is one of my favorites.