Thursday, June 14, 2012

Follow Friday (24)

Is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This is a blog hop for bloggers to get to know other bloggers, & to help some gain more of a following and support system for their blog. It looks like it should be a lot of fun. To join in, go to the host's page and follow the steps they have posted up there. =D

This week's question is...

Happy Father's Day! Who is your favorite dad character in a book and why?

Oh. I hate these questions. I hated it when we had to do it for Mother's Day to. In most of the books that I read, parent's really aren't a big part of the books and usually don't have the best of relationships with their children. But there are a couple Father's that I love.

The first one that came to mind was, Ibrahim Mazur. Rose Hathaway's Father from Vampire Academy. Granted, he wasn't a big part of her life and she probably would have never met him if it wouldn't of been for what she did in Blood Promise but he has always been behind the scene when it comes to her. He protects her without her even realizing it and he came to her without a blink of his eye when she really needed him. And even when things went bad for her, he was there believing in her without a single doubt. Maybe he's not the best Father, but he does it the best way he can. That's all you can ask for sometimes. 

And secondly, Mr. Weasley. He is definitely the best Father by FAR in a books series that I have seen.

What Father's do you love from books.

10 comments:

It's A Hardcover Life said...

I never read the Vampire Academy books but everyone always talk about them so I might have to. Great post. New follower!

Check out my post:
My Feature and Follow

-Ria xo said...

I haven't read the Vampire Academy books, despite being recommended them by *everyone*.
And, SNAP! for Mr Weasley. He's such a great dad.(:

-Ria xo said...

*new GFC follower

City Girl Who Loves to Read said...

Mr. Weasley is a popular choice today.

http://citygirlwholovestoread.blogspot.com/2012/06/feature-follow_15.html

Fall Into Books said...

Great pick! New GFC follower.

My FF

Danielle said...

Great picks! I read the first few VA books, but only got up through the first two or three before getting distracted. And Mr. Weasley was awesome! :)

New follower, here's my FF~
http://theinkymelody.blogspot.com/2012/06/friday-favorites-ff2.html

Melliane said...

I only read the first VA so I don't really remember him but it sounds like I really need to read more.

old follower

here is mine

Concise Reviews By Michelle said...

I am a new follower, and my FF Link is here. Nice blog!
http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/2012/06/ff-follow-friday-hop-615.html

Elle :] said...

I am sure we all love Mr.Weasley!! GREAT CHOICES!!! I am a new follower!!

Elle@ http://lovebigreadbig.blogspot.com/

Beth Cutwright said...

Hi Cassie, new "stalker" here. LOL
Good answers to the ?! I am following you through GFC as lucyatmax. I invite you to visit and follow my blog at: bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com .
Stop by sometime soon!
Beth