Saturday, June 02, 2012

Monthly Review Wrap-Up: May


Well everyone, May has come to an end. It was such a fun month. I would also like to take a little bit of time and remember everyone that had a birthday this month.

May 11: Haseo Lopez (a good friend)

&&&

that's all the birthday's for me this month. LOL. Well without further ado here are the books that I managed to read this month.

Blood Red Road - Moira Young
Torn - Amanda Hocking
Tantalize - Cynthia Leitich Smith
The Fairytale Keeper: Avenging the Queen - Andrea Cefalo
Angelfire - Courtney Allison Moulton
Wither - Lauren DeStefano

I got a few other's read this month as well, but I didn't get to their reviews before the month was over so they will be featured on June's Wrap-Up. What books in May were you able to get to?

And since I am participating in the 2012 TBR Pile Challenge I am going to post up May's Mini Challenge here:

What book is an absolute eye sore to me and what do I think could have been done to change it or make it better?


=/ I must admit that I ABSOLUTELY cringe everytime I look at this cover. Maybe it's just me, but I just don't get the point of this cover. The premise blows me away and makes me want to read it, but the cover begs me not to. What would I do to make this cover better....??? A complete re-haul of the entire thing. Make it into something that reminds me of a destroyed Earth where people are trying to relearn how to live, but please just anything besides this.




2 comments:

Christa @ Hooked on Books said...

You read some great books this month!

I'm surprised you didn't like the Pure cover. I love the butterfly <3 but your rehaul also sounds like a good marketing choice!

Cassie S. said...

@Christa: Yea, I got some interesting books read and they are all different from each other.

I don't know what it is about the cover for 'Pure', it just turns me off so badly about that series. I will admit it is why I haven't picked up the book yet to read it. Cause I hate the cover for it so much. The cover for the second book in the series is slightly better but I just wish they would have put some more effort into them.