Friday, June 01, 2012

Review: Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls #3)




Author: C.C. Hunter
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: April 10, 2012
Page Count: 380
Chapter Count: 38
Named Chapters: No
Format: Paperback
Buy It:

Kylie Galen wants the truth so badly she can taste it. The truth about who her real family is, the truth about which boy she's meant to be with - and the truth about what her emerging powers mean. But she's about to discover that some secrets can change your life forever... and not always for the better.

Just when she and Lucas are finally getting close, she learns that his pack has forbidden them from being together. Was it a mistake to pick him over Derek? And it's not just romance troubling Kylie. An amnesia-stricken ghost is haunting her. delivering a frightful warning: someone lives and someone dies. As Kylie races to unravel the mystery and protect those she loves, she finally unlocks the secret to her supernatural identity. And the truth is far different - and more astonishing - than she ever imagined.

Opening Sentence: They were here. 

"There are no guarantees," Kylie countered. "Not with love or with life. But we can't go through life never taking a risk. And that's what we are all agreeing to do. Put our hearts out there. Take a chance with a boy. We might end up hurt, but we might not."

Mistakes. People make them. And most of the time, they had to pay for them.

He kissed her lightly on the lips again. "So, please. Please, don't be angry with me. I didn't mean to make you feel bad, or to make you feel as if anyone else is more important to me than you. Because they aren't. I'd kill for you, Kylie Galen. But more than that, I'd die for you."

Review:

'Taken at Dusk' was another great addition to The Shadow Falls series by C.C  Hunter. I was once again instantly captured by all the characters in this series. But I will admit, while I loved reading the addition to this series and look forward to reading 'Whispers at Moonrise' the next book in the series due out this October, I was also a little disappointed. 

We once again join Kylie in her quest to find out who she is. What paranormal creature is she that has made her so special and a complete puzzle to all the paranormals around her? Is is a werewolf, like her main love interest Lucas hopes for? Is she a Faery like the boy she turned away from? Is she a vampire or a witch like her two best friends/room mates at Shadow Falls? Will we ever find out what she is? I don't think we will. Because yet again we were never given a definite answer as to what the heck Ms. Galen is. 

This is the third book in the series. THE THIRD. And your seriously going to tell me that I have to wait until October, until the fourth book comes out to get a straight answer from you about what she is. I mean come on. Now your just milking the cow. Don't get me wrong, I still loved this books, because a lot happened and it was interesting to try and figure out who the ghost haunting Kylie was. And who exactly was going to die. Well that was more on the sad part. But through every thing that went on in this 380 page book, I was just waiting for the moment when she found out what she was. I mean on the back of the book, it says she finally finds out and its more shocking then she ever expected. But all we are ever told is nothing that is a 100% honest answer to her. It's.... "were chameleon's"..... No really. I mean come on I figured that out in book two after she started PMSing at the full moon but still loved to drink blood. She changes who she acts like (paranormal wise). Is she a protector, like it was originally thought? I don't know.

However, what most of this book broke down into being was Kylie trying to figure out what guy she wanted to be with and figuring out who she was while trying to save a life. Same thing from books one and two really. But what really saved it for me is the simple fact that I absolutely adore all of the characters in this series. ADORE THEM.

Della, Miranda, Lucas, Kylie, Derek, Holiday, Burnett, even bitchy Frederika (because I can understand where her anger is coming from). So while I have already pre-ordered my copy of the next book all I have to say is this. If we are not given a solid answer on what Kylie is (in the FOURTH book) then this entire series will go down the drain for me. Here's to keeping my fingers crossed that she does find out her identity. 

No comments: