Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays (25)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser this week is...
In a movement so quick it made me dizzy, he broke the kiss and spun around. His robe materalized instantly, a liquid entity that encased us both, and I heard the sing of metal coming to life, of a blade being drawn. A sinister growl, deep and guttural, thundered from his chest, and I blinked to awareness - so weak, I could barely stand. Was someone in the room with us? Something?
~Pg. 255, 'First Grave on the Right' by Darynda Jones

6 comments:

Kriss Morton said...

OHHHH this looks awesome!!

I am so behind for my reading this week! I am still only 20% into my book so I decided to tease myself! I am also hosting the book for a tour this week so it was fun to include it! KINGDOM. It is a Bio-Punk dystopian thriller!

Book me! said...

I've heard so many good things about this book. Great tease!
Here's My TT!
Happy Tuesday!

Caro said...

I agree with Kriss: OHHHHH! This sounds very interesting! I hope you enjoy reading it, I'll have another look at it. It sounds pretty much like tbr material ;)
My TT

Sandy Nachlinger said...

Dramatic teaser! I love the phrase "the sing of metal." Beautiful!
My teaser this week is from The Lie.

Maryellen said...

WOW this tease weaves such a magical spell, I wanna read this!

My 1st post is on my blog:

http://maryellenbrady.com/2012/06/11/teaser-tuesday-earth-by-shauna-granger/

ShreShre said...

I AM SOO SOO SOOO GLAD YOU'RE READING THIS!!! :D I've been trying to get the hype up about it! Haha, isn't it amazing? Lovely teasers hun. Thanks for the share.

My TT:
http://chocolatecoatedreviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-61212-3.html