Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays (27)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser this week is...
Nash slammed the car into Reverse and swerved backward out of the driveway, twisting in his seat to peer out the rear windshield. As we pulled away from the house, I took one last look at my uncle, who stared after us from the middle of the driveway, thick arms crossed over his chest. Behind him, Aunt Val stood on the porch holding a dishrag, her perfect mouth hanging open in surprise.
~Pg. 162, 'Soul Screamers: Volume 1' by Rachel Vincent
(My Soul to Take)

6 comments:

Sandy Nachlinger said...

What a nicely written scene. I can see it perfectly. Good teaser.
My teaser is from Never Trust a Pretty Wolf.

Karen and Gerard said...

Great descriptive teaser!

Here's ours, a YA science fiction and a thriller: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/06/tuesday-teaser-teen-science-fiction-and.html

BookBelle said...

Well, first the title, Soul Screamers. I love that! Second I was getting a flavor of a 21st century Wizard of Oz - Auntie Em - like. Isn't that weird?

Amy said...

I LOVE that teaser! Such a great book, I can't wait to read the rest of the series – thank you for sharing! :)

Here’s mine:
http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesdays-reason-to-breathe-by.html

Tribute Books Mama said...

An interesting title and cover!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday_26.html

Paige said...

I have this bind up sitting on my shelf and I really want to read it more now. Awesome teaser =) Here's my TT!

http://www.paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday_26.html

~Paige @ Comfort Books