Friday, July 06, 2012

Cover Reveal - Scarlet


Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Release Date: February 05, 2013
Page Count: 464
This book will feature Cinder and Little Red Riding Hood and will take place in France.
Update

"Book two, Scarlet, is based on Little Red Riding Hood. It continues Cinder’s story as she attempts to escape Queen Levana’s vengeance and learn more about her past. The story also introduces readers to Scarlet, a girl living in southern France whose grandmother has mysteriously disappeared. In order to find her, Scarlet seeks the help of Wolf, a street fighter with more than a few mysteries of his own."

Lunar Chronicles: 


Okay, I must say that I was honestly confused when I saw the cover of 'Scarlet', I totally didn't understand what it was. It just look like a big red blob. And even after taking a closer look at it, it took me a minute to realize that it was a cape and that there was a girl running in the corner. The only thing running through my head was how the heck did this relate to 'Cinder' so I googled it. LOL. And I realized that the books to come had to deal with other fairy tales and that they would all just wrap up together. But honestly..... Ehhh! I just don't like this cover. I love the concepts behind these books and can't wait to read them. But there was soooo much detail in 'Cinder' and every time I re-looked at the cover for it, I discovered something I hadn't seen before. The cover for 'Scarlet' just looks like a red blob, there's just nothing really to it. But none the less I still look forward to adding it to my library when it comes out next February. What do you all think?

No comments: