Monday, September 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays (30)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

He stood and bowed to me dramatically. "Never let it be said that Prince Alagan Dhiren Rajaram denied the request of a beautiful lady." He washed his sticky hands in the pool, changed to a tiger, and trotted off into the jungle.
~Pg. 182, Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

I just finished this book today but thought I would still give you a teaser of it. Now I will give you a teaser of the book I just started reading today.



I scooted through the basement window on my stomach and dropped into a somersault, landing on my feet on the cement slab of the basement. 'Cause that's how I roll.
~Pg. 85, Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones

8 comments:

Cyn said...

Hahaa... all I can imagine is a very sassy prince, sassying off into the jungle. Great teaser.

This is my Teaser Tuesday at Bookmunchies :)

Beth said...

"...changed to a tiger, and trotted off..." is quite an interesting line! Here is my teaser for this week

Karen and Gerard said...

Two good teasers but I like the second better.

Here's the link to ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/09/tuesday-teasers-3-non-fiction-teasers.html

Michelle Chew said...

I like the sound of your second teaser! 'Coz that's how I roll. Nice!

Michelle

Sandy Nachlinger said...

Two great teasers. I like the idea of a benevolent prince who turns into a tiger. I also like "that's how I roll" from the second one. Both sound like good books.
My teaser is from A STOP IN THE PARK.

Tribute Books Mama said...

Two interesting teasers.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/teaser-tuesday_25.html

Nise' said...

I want to read the grave series! Good teaser.

Cassie S. said...

@Cyn: He can definitely have a bit of sass in him sometimes. =D

@Beth: Yea, dang those curses that make you become a Tiger.

@Karen and Gerard: The second book is one of the hilarious and sarcastic series I have read in quite a while.

@Michelle: She is definitely a sassy girl.

@Sandy: They are both very good books.

@Tribute Books Mama: They are both interesting books.

@Nise: I absolutely love this series. One of the best I have read in a while.