Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (12)

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they will post a 'Top Ten List' for them and bloggers alike to answer and it's always a different list question to answer.

This week's Top Ten to answer is:

 Top Ten Books That Make You Think (About The World, People, Life, etc.)

This list is in no particular order, these are just all books that have make me stop for a while and really think about how I see life, myself or just in the general the world around me.

1. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
I know this series has gotten both positive and negative reviews. It is really one of those books that you either love or you hate, there isn't much grey area in-between. For myself, I absolutely adored this series. And it made me stop and really look at how I perceive the people around me.

2. The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade
This book made me stop and really think. No matter what we will always make first judgements on people right off the bat without even knowing them first. And sometimes this will stop us from being their friends. Yet what if you were given the chance to be friends with someone you never in a million years thought you could ever be friends with or would ever even care for. And what if you were wrong. It really made me stop and think that you really need to get to know someone before you write them off. They could be just the person you have been waiting your whole life to meet. Your next best friend or even your soul mate.

3. One Day by David Nicholls 
Oh, how the ending of this book broke my freaking heart. But I won't give anything away for those of you who haven't read it, you definitely need to. I mainly grabbed this book because I wanted to see the movie they were making based off of it, but wanted to read it first. It was at first a really hard book for me to get into, but after a while, it really grabbed me and I couldn't stop reading it. This book really taught me to appreciate everyday that I am given and to really appreciate the people in my life, because we never know where we are going to end up or who we are going to end up with. And for how long that happiness will last.

4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I wouldn't be surprised if this series were on a lot of people's list's this week. This series really taught me a few things. But the one that I can really think of off the top of my head is that, no matter how difficult like seems, it can always get worse. But no matter what you need to hold your head up high, defy those who would try and hold you down and above all else, be strong for yourself, because nobody else will get you through your problems but yourself. And that if you can last through the pain and hardship, happiness will be just around the corner.

5. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
This was by far my favorite book of 2011. While it is beautifully written, the story behind it is incredible as well. It really made me realize how to appreciate the people and things I have in my life and to not crave for what I don't necessarily need. It has one of the best "falling in love" stories that I have ever read in a YA series. Because it really shows the reader how the two people fell in love, besides just simply stating that it was meant to be and that the two people couldn't resist each other. You can feel their love and how it came to be. Besides all of that, this book shows you that finding out why you were placed on this realm can be a real B****. But that you can still make your own choices and follow the path that your heart dictates.

I am sure that I could make a complete 10 book list for you. Unfortunately I just looked at the time and I have run out of time.... LOL. I have to get to work now. But I hope you all enjoy the list that I put together and I can't wait to see what books have made you stop and think about the world around you. Take care and I hope you have a wonderful day and week.

UPDATE: lol, I just realized that I had this post set up for last week, but my internet went down so I never got to do the post for last week and I forgot to change the List. But I will just keep this one up and next week I should be back on track with the correct list. =D


No comments: