Monday, September 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (13)

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they will post a 'Top Ten List' for them and bloggers alike to answer and it's always a different list question to answer.

This week's Top Ten to answer is:

 Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished

Mm... I think I have a few... Let me check my goodreads list on this one so that I can do an accurate list for you all. =D

(in no particular order)

1. The Ghost and the Goth Series by Stacey Kade
It's not because I don't like this series that I haven't finished it. Just the opposite actually. I really enjoy this series and I absolutely adored the first book in it. I have the second book waiting on my shelf to be read but I have been putting it aside. Mainly because I know I won't be able to get the third (and final) book in the series just and also because I hate waiting. Because I enjoy the series so much I just don't want it to be over for me. So I have been reading some other books and series before I go back to this one. =D


2. Faeriewalker Series by Jenna Black
The reason I haven't finished with this series is practically identical to my answer above. I have the second book to read, I have just been putting it aside and getting started on some of my other series. Also unless a series is completely over with and I have all the books in the series, I really don't like to read them back to back. I like to space them out that way I can spend a little bit more time learning and discovering the characters and growing to care about and for them.


3. 13 to Life Series by Shannon Delany
The reasons I haven't finished this series is yet again identical to my answer above. I have read a lot of negative reviews for this series but so far it is still one that I really enjoy. There are about four more books that I still need to get and read before I'm finished with the series. I have the second one, but just haven't gotten to it yet.




4. Wings Series by Aprilynne Pike
I don't even need to put down why I haven't finished this series.... LOL, look at the reasons above with my other answers and you will know why. =D





5. Blue Bloods Series by Melissa de la Cruz
I started this series when the first 5 were already out and really enjoyed it. And I was impatiently awaiting the 6th instalment yet when it came out I never picked it up. Why I don't really know. Maybe because it had been over a year since I had finished the last book and I had practically forgotten almost everything that had happened in the last one. The final book in the series is scheduled to come out sometime next year. So I think I will just wait for it to come out, that way I can re-read all the books in the series that I have and then just pick up the last two that I need to read and see how this series comes to an end.

6. Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
The reason I haven't finished this series is practically identical to the answer for number 5. I have the first 2 books in the series and have read and loved both of them, but for some reason when the 3rd one came out I just have never picked it up. The 4th one in the series is due out next month. So maybe I will go to the library and get my hands on the last 2 books then and see where else this series takes me.



7. Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini
I borrowed the first 3 books in the series from a co-worker last year. It took me an entire month to finish all 3 books that is absolutely crazy for me when on average I usually finish between 2-3 books at least a week. But these books are just soooo MASSIVE that it takes a heck of a lot out of me. While I don't own the first 3 books in the series, I did pre-order the 4th book while it was on sale, because each book costs a fortune. And when I got it in the mail I was excited to read it. But I never got around to it and I don't think I will be reading it any time soon. While I enjoy the world that has been built, reading these books just feels like a chore for me, because they are just toooo long and to... just to much for me. It's gonna take a while before I can finish this series.

8. Nightshade Series by Andrea Cremer
I think the reason I haven't picked up the last book in this series yet, is because the ending of the 2nd book royally ticked me off. I love the character of Calla and everything, but to finally dedicate yourself to a guy and then go running off to save another guy's life, who previously tried to kill you. Just doesn't sit very well with me. I have also heard that the ending of this series really annoyed a lot of people. So I am not looking forward to that when this is a series that I really enjoy.


9. The Hollow Series by Jessica Verday
The first book in this series really annoyed me. And I had to end up skimming through it to finish it. It was just absolutely way to long. There are 2 more books in the series that I still need to get to finish it, but I don't plan on doing that any time soon. I was talking with one of my co-workers who is into reading the same types of books that I enjoy and she actually enjoyed this series. She mentioned what happened at the end and it just turned me off that much more. She found it very romantic and I simply found it tragic. There is no happy ending for the characters in this book, at least not in my opinion.

10. Need Series by Carrie Jones
There is only one book left in this series that I need to read to finish it. I think part of me is sad that it has come to an end because I have really enjoyed the series. But I also can't wait to read it as well to see what happens in it. The reason I haven't finished this book is actually rather simple. I just haven't been able to get my hands on it yet. I will be going on Friday to the library to get my library card, so maybe I will be able to pick it up then. =D


And there you have it..... All the series that I haven't finished reading for one reason or another. Most of the ones I haven't finished are mainly because I am spacing them out that way I don't run out of books in that series and then have to wait awhile before I can get my hands on the next instalment of it. And wow.... That is the first full list I have been able to make in a while. I had forgotten how long a full list takes to make.

What about you? What series have you not finished for one reason or another?

Some Music for you enjoyment.... =D
Domo Arigato for visiting my blog...

8 comments:

BookSmartie said...

Hey, I'm at the exact same point with Beautiful Creatures. I did buy Beautiful Chaos a few weeks ago, though and I plan on reading it before the next one comes out :)

pagesunbound said...

Inheritance is just everywhere, including my list! But at least you have a copy! I can't bring myself to buy it quite yet!

Cassie S. said...

@BookSmartie: LOL... I used to buy all of my books, back when I still stayed with my dad and didn't have to pay so much rent. Now that I have my own apartment I can't afford to buy my books any more. So I'm going to go to the library and get a card that way I can still keep up with my reading when I am eventually done with the 26 books I still have left to read. LOL.... I look forward to reading them though.

@Pagesunbound: Yea. I bought my copy in advance when it was on sale though because I knew it was going to be expensive. But I just haven't been able to bring myself to read it and it's been almost a year or so now I think that I've had the book. >.<

wordandpiece said...

Great list, literally the same thing happened to me with the Inheritance series, need to read the last one!!

Top Ten Tuesday

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Why are all the books in a series such long, long books?! If you are going to write a series, each book needs to be a short one!

Here's my Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished. I hope you will stop by!

Cassie S. said...

@Wordandpiece: LOL... yea. I want to know how it ends... But at the same time I just have no desire to read that book, it's freaking HUGE!!

@Deb: Some books are okay being long, some aren't. There are some long books that I can read really fast and then there are some longs books that just take everything out of me and take forever for me to finish. It's the later ones that I don't particularly like.

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

I know how you feel. Sometimes, I hate to end a series or I want to wait until another book is published. I hate waiting between books :p

My TTT.

Cassie S. said...

@Mel: Exactly... And sometimes it takes almost a year between books. Eck... I am just not a patient enough person for all of that. lol.