Thursday, October 04, 2012

Follow Friday (31)

Is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This is a blog hop for bloggers to get to know other bloggers, & to help some gain more of a following and support system for their blog. It looks like it should be a lot of fun. To join in, go to the host's page and follow the steps they have posted up there. =D

This week's question is...

What do you hope to accomplish with your blog? Is it to one day become an author yourself, just for fun, maybe get some online attention, or maybe something very different?

Some music is provided for you at the bottom if you would like to listen to it while reading this =D

Hm. That is a multi-dimensional question for me.

While I never hide the fact that I am an author (unpublished as of yet) at heart and yes I am currently working on writing my first book. I try not to involve my book to much with my blog. I do keep a word count of how far I am into writing my book on my blog, but that is about as far as I mention it on here. Even though I do like the fact that "when" (gotta think positive, lol) my book is eventually published, I will already have established a little bit of a network of people who could potentially read it one day. =D

This blog started off from my love of reading and it has definitely stayed that way for the most part. It has had a few different face lifts and name changes since I first started, but the meaning behind it has never changed.

And yes I do admit that I love the attention (the little bit that I get). =D lol.

But I also LOVE the fact that I have been able to meet so many people who also share the love of reading (and the love of reading the same genre as me), through my blog. I have been able to meet some amazing authors, amazing people, throw some amazing giveaways, so many AMAZING things. My dad even cheers me on, asks me every time we talk on the phone how my blog is going and what new has happened on it, lol. I have a great dad.

But I think overall, what I hope to accomplish with my blog is to keep my passion of reading alive. Because I have found that if I don't stay actively involved in something, I easily get bored with it. And I don't want that to happen with reading, even if every now and then I need a break. It never lasts for to long. And I hope to inspire others to love to read as well.

I seem to set my hopes high... LOL.

Sorry for such a long answer. I was just on a roll there. <3

Some music for your enjoyment.
Domo Arigatio for visiting my blog <3

6 comments:

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I wish I could get to the point where I could identify myself as an author. I need to start writing more fiction. Good luck on getting published!
My Hop

Cassie S. said...

@Alison: I think I naturally think of myself as an author, because writing is in my blood practically. Besides reading it is the one thing that I absolutely love to do, that has stuck with me since my childhood. And if it has been with me for so long there must be a reason for it right? I just wish the characters in the book I'm currently writing weren't so secretive. It's hard to get a grasp on them sometimes, so writing it has proven a little difficult, but they won't leave me alone at the same time. LOL, so I know it will eventually be finished.

Liesel K Hill said...

Great answer! I'm an author too so I feel ya! Old follower. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

BLHmistress said...

I wish you loads of Luck for your writing!

My FF

Louisse said...

Great answer! :)

New follower.

Click HERE for my FF.

Louisse @ The Soul Sisters

Cassie S. said...

@Liesel: Yea, it's not an easy job. Even if it's one you enjoy.

@BLHmistress: Thank you so much.

@Louisse: Thank you.