Friday, October 19, 2012

Follow Friday (33)

Is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This is a blog hop for bloggers to get to know other bloggers, & to help some gain more of a following and support system for their blog. It looks like it should be a lot of fun. To join in, go to the host's page and follow the steps they have posted up there. =D

Some music is provided for you at the bottom. For you enjoyment. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

This week's question is...

When you step out of your USUAL genre what do you like to read? Best books in that genre?

First off... Sorry for doing this meme so late. For some reason my laptop refused to work at ALL for me yesterday. But I guess that is okay because I was able to complete an entire book while I was waiting. LOL... Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout never saw it coming, BAM! and I like finished that book in a day =D

Okay, so on to the question.... To be completely honest I DON'T step out of the genre's that I like to read. I typically won't even pick up a book if it doesn't fall within the genre that has enamoured me for years now. The genres that I read are YA paranormal, YA Sci-fi, YA Urban Fantasy, YA High Fantasy, with a few Adult Paranormal books thrown in every now and then.... Mostly YA in general, I will read YA Contemporary sometimes. I used to read Historical Romance when I was younger so I do still have a few of those books on my shelves.

But like any rule there are some exceptions. And the only thing that I have found that ever changes my mind about reading a book is if there is a movie coming out that I want to see and it was a book before that is being adapted to the big screen. Then I will read the book before I see the movie. In that case the only two books that I have read outside of my genre are One Day by David Nicholls and Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Which were both really good books.

Otherwise, I stick to my genre and I am very adamant about not wavering from it. But there are so many good books to read in this genre, that I don't think I will grow tired with it any time soon.

What about you? What genre do you read? And do you waver from it every now and then?

How To Save A Life - The Fray
Some music for your enjoyment.
Domo Arigato for visiting my blog <3


10 comments:

beccabooklover said...

I haven't read One Day the book but the film just shocked me! I loved Water for Elephants too and I'm planning on hopefully getting the book soon :)

New follower via GFC!
Becca @ Lost in Thought
http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/feature-follow-2.html

Megan Nicole said...

New Follower! :)
I read a bit of everything but I do sometimes force myself to read a book that I normally wouldn't if it has a movie coming out.

veela-valoom said...

I read pretty much all YA. It's such a catch-all "genre" that I feel like I'm always reading something different.

My follow friday! Please visit!

Christina said...

Yes, it really is hard to step out when the genre you love is so much fun!

Old follower.

Christina@ Ensconced in YA
My FF

Aditi Gupta said...

I loved One Day by David Nicholls. Have you read his other books?

New follower!

My post - F&F

Cassie S. said...

@Beccabooklover: Yea... The actual book was pretty hard for me to into at first, but once I was about half way in, I just COULD not put the book down. It is an amazing story but so heartbreaking at the same time. It really makes you realize how precision your time, your love and the people in your life really are.

@Megan: That is good. It is always good when you can read anything. It's sometimes hard for me because I am so picky in what I read, but there are so many good books as well in the genre that I love that I really don't mind it.

@Veela-Valoom: I was really into the paranormal for a long time and while I still absolutely love my paranormal books I have found that I am starting to enjoy reading YA Contemporary as well, where there is no paranormal but two teenagers coming of age and learning what is most important to them and learning how to be themselves and to love each other for it.

@Christina: Yea. And I really have no desire to step out of it now. I don't care if I'm not a teenagers myself any more or anything, but at 24 I still consider myself a young adult and even if I was 40 I'd still read the books if it's what I still love when I am 40... LOL

@Aditi: No. One Day is the only book I have read by him. I really only read YA books. It's what I love to read most. As well as some Adult books.

ninest123 said...

louis vuitton, canada goose, pandora jewelry, replica watches, canada goose outlet, moncler, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg pas cher, marc jacobs, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, pandora charms, sac louis vuitton pas cher, links of london, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, canada goose, hollister, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, coach outlet, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, bottes ugg, pandora charms, moncler, thomas sabo, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, canada goose, moncler, supra shoes, canada goose outlet

ninest123 said...

insanity workout, baseball bats, hollister, nike roshe, ghd, nfl jerseys, new balance, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, wedding dresses, valentino shoes, hollister, timberland boots, louboutin, birkin bag, nike air max, gucci, north face outlet, reebok shoes, beats by dre, bottega veneta, toms shoes, hollister, asics running shoes, mcm handbags, oakley, vans shoes, instyler, jimmy choo shoes, converse outlet, nike air max, ferragamo shoes, longchamp, herve leger, chi flat iron, north face outlet, converse, soccer jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ralph lauren, montre pas cher, lululemon, vans, ray ban, soccer shoes, babyliss, karen millen, p90x workout, lancel, mont blanc

ninest123 said...

air force, ralph lauren uk, timberland, nike blazer, lululemon, oakley pas cher, michael kors, nike huarache, nike air max, nike free run uk, michael kors, north face, michael kors outlet, nike air max, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, hermes, vanessa bruno, burberry, nike trainers, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors, vans pas cher, ray ban uk, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, sac guess, true religion jeans, coach purses, nike air max, converse pas cher, replica handbags, new balance pas cher, hollister, hogan, ray ban pas cher, burberry outlet online, hollister pas cher, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, lacoste pas cher, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, tn pas cher, mulberry, nike roshe, north face

ninest123 said...

louboutin outlet, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, nike free, jordan shoes, prada handbags, longchamp outlet, air jordan pas cher, replica watches, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louboutin pas cher, christian louboutin outlet, coach outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, prada outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, replica watches, kate spade outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, kate spade handbags, nike free, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, air max, nike air max, sac longchamp, gucci outlet, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, nike roshe run, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, longchamp, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, burberry, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet