Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (15)

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they will post a 'Top Ten List' for them and bloggers alike to answer and it's always a different list question to answer.

This week's Top Ten to answer is:

Top Ten Rewind: (I went with) Top Ten Book Romances That You Think Would Make It In The "Real" World

Okay... Some of these are not in order, but the first one is the romance that I know WITHOUT a doubt would make it in the "real" world.

1. The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series by Maggie Stiefvater
Couple: Grace & Sam
There wasn't a single moment in this series that I ever doubted the love or the strength that Grace and Sam had for one another. It was absolutely endearing. It broke my heart at times, but it also showed me what TRUE love looks like. I know without a doubt that their love will last forever.




2. The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
Couple: Dimitri & Rose
Okay, Okay, Okay... So I know in the "real" world their love would be a little illegal (at the beginning) at least. And I know a lot of people didn't like the romance between these two. However, I never once doubted their love for one another. They always risked everything for each other and always did what they thought was best for each other. And even through tremendous and TERRIBLE circumstances and issues, they finally found their way back to one another. If that isn't love then I don't know what love is.

3. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
Couple(s): Harry & Ginny / Ron & Hermione
So with the whole wizard and witch aspect aside, these two couples would definitely make it together. It's simple. They would all be high school sweet hearts. And with all the heartbreak they have seen each other through, there would be nothing that could ever pull them apart.




4. Fins Series by Tera Lynn Childs
Couple: Lily & Quince
Okay, this would be another one like the one above. They would both be high school sweethearts. And while it takes Lily a while to finally figure out that it's Quince she loves and not Brody it would only make her love for him that much stronger. And while Quince has a weird way of showing it, he has always adored the ground Lily walks on. They would be absolutely adorable together. The kind of couple (and people) I wish I could call friend.


5. The Body Finder Series by Kimberly Derting
Couple: Violet & Jay
What is up with these adorable high school sweethearts. *Sigh* I wish I would of had a high school sweetheart. Heck I never even dated in high school.... =[ But these two are the perfect example. Jay was patient in letting Violet come to terms with the fact that they were more then just friends. And patience like that in a guy (especially a teenage one)... who couldn't love the guy?

6. Unearthly Series by Cynthia Hand
Couple: Clara & Tucker
For those of you who have read the book I don't need to say any more, you already know. And for those of you who haven't... you really need to get your hands on a copy so you can see this amazing couple in action (not literally... lol).





7. The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer
Couple: Bella & Jacob
0.o I can't believe I am even saying this.... Because I am 100% an Edward fan. But if I were to be completely honest with myself (which I don't like to do all the time, lol). I would have to say if we're talking about couples that would make it in the "real" world. Then it is Bella and Jacob that would make it together, not Bella and Edward. Not only is the relationship between Bella and Edward not healthy a lot of the time, the connection between Bella and Jacob was a lot more vivid some of the times then it was with Edward. I mean Bella even admitted in one of the books (believe it was Eclipse) that she could see herself marrying Jacob and having his kids. She never thought of things like that with Edward, she just knew she needed him. That's not healthy. But hey... you love who you love.

Well... That's my list for this week. Not a complete 10, but still good. Those are the only ones I can really think of at the moment. If you have any to add to my list please feel free to comment below. I would love to hear from you all. 

& don't forget to enter the giveaway I have going on right now for your own ebook copy of Swift by Heather London. You can enter to win the giveaway HERE!

12 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Oh dear. I'm afraid I was a bit of a curmudgeon with this prompt. Comes with age, I suppose, but I couldn't think of a single books where the romance would make it in the real world!

Here's my Ten Ten Words I Love. I hope you'll stop in!

Nina said...

Ron & Hermione! That would be so sweet and cool. ;)

J'adore Happy Endings

Quixotic Magpie said...

I totally agree with you about Bella and Jacob. :) Edward was like crack to her, unhealthy and addictive.

I also agree about Grace and Sam. :)

Melissa Haggerty said...

I completely agree with the Harry Potter couples. After all that they go through together they have very strong bonds. Oddly, I also agree with Bella and Jacob. I am very Team Edward, but you listed some perfect reasons for why Bella and Jacob would work better in the real world.

My Top Ten.

Hannah said...

Ooooh, I love this topic. I love me a good romance. Dmitri and Rose are one of my fave literature romances EVER.

I picked Top Ten Book That Broke My Heart:
http://theirishbanana.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-8.html

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

Totally agree on Ron & Hermione! :) I'm not really into Harry & Ginny, but I guess it would work.

TTT @thedailyprophecy.

A.M.Y-A said...

Definitely Sam and Grace. Most definitely. They're perfect for each other because they balance each other out.

The same for Ron and Hermione!

Shelver506 said...

I can't comment on these particular couples, but I love it when a romance is written in a realistic and emotionally healthy manner.

My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-bookish.html

The Avid Reader said...

I am such a big fan of Dimitri & Rose. Also love the Harry Potter couples!

Cassie S. said...

@Deb: I know a lot of them that I have read would definitely not make it in the "real" world. But there are a few that I like to think would. I'm a helpless romantic. =D

@Nina: Yea, they are definitely one of my all time favorite couples. Grew up with them falling in love with each other.

@Quixotic: Yea, even though I'm an Edward fan, in a lot of ways it wasn't healthy. Grace and Sam are adorable together.

@Melissa: Yea, like I said I am 100% an Edward fan. So it pains me to have to say that realistically their relationships wouldn't last. The Harry Potter couples practically became adults together, there's nothing that could tear them apart.

@Hannah: They are one of my all time favorite kiss ass couples. So strong together and they have a great understanding of each other.

@Mel: I didn't really see that coupling at first either, I could always see that Ron and Hermione would be together but the other came as a surprise. I still support that couple thought.

@A.M.Y-A: Yea they are definitely that. The yin to the yang.

@Shelver506: Yea, it's always nice.

@The Avid Reader: Dimitri and Rose all the way =D

ninest123 said...

louis vuitton, canada goose, pandora jewelry, replica watches, canada goose outlet, moncler, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg pas cher, marc jacobs, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, pandora charms, sac louis vuitton pas cher, links of london, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, canada goose, hollister, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, coach outlet, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, bottes ugg, pandora charms, moncler, thomas sabo, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, canada goose, moncler, supra shoes, canada goose outlet

ninest123 said...

insanity workout, baseball bats, hollister, nike roshe, ghd, nfl jerseys, new balance, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, wedding dresses, valentino shoes, hollister, timberland boots, louboutin, birkin bag, nike air max, gucci, north face outlet, reebok shoes, beats by dre, bottega veneta, toms shoes, hollister, asics running shoes, mcm handbags, oakley, vans shoes, instyler, jimmy choo shoes, converse outlet, nike air max, ferragamo shoes, longchamp, herve leger, chi flat iron, north face outlet, converse, soccer jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ralph lauren, montre pas cher, lululemon, vans, ray ban, soccer shoes, babyliss, karen millen, p90x workout, lancel, mont blanc