Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (16)

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they will post a 'Top Ten List' for them and bloggers alike to answer and it's always a different list question to answer.

There is some music below for your enjoyment.

This week's Top Ten to answer is:

 Top Ten Favorite Authors in YA, YA paranormal, Sci-fi.

1. Richelle Mead
The Vampire Academy series is absolutely one of my all time favorites. And I also love the Bloodlines series. I have the first book in her Dark Swan series as well, that I will be reading soon. It's save to say that there isn't a single book of hers yet that I haven't read and absolutely loved. And whenever she has a new book release I try my hardest to get a copy of it the day that it comes out.

2. Stephenie Meyer
Okay, while she hasn't written a new book in quite a few years now, it is still her books that got me back into reading. It's thanks to The Twilight Series that I am once again a reader. While I have been reading since I was a little kid, I had some tough things that I had to over come during my teenage and pre-adult years that took me away from reading for quite a few years. And The Twilight Series was how I escaped from these issues, reading became my escape once again and I have her books to thank for that.

3. C.C. Hunter
She is a new addition to my favorite authors, but in just over a year she has been able to capture my heart with her Shadow Falls series. I absolutely love her writing and I have loved all her books that she has released so far. 4 books in just over a year, that is crazy amazing. I absolutely adore her and I know that I will only see more great series from her in the future.

4. Maggie Stiefvater
Wolves of Mercy Falls absolutely blew me away. That series was a knock out and the the love between Sam and Grace was inspiring. She knew exactly what to do to keep me on my feet and to keep me turning the pages and not wanting to take a break from the book unless I absolutely had to. I devoured all three of those books and just craved more. I wish there had been more. I can't wait to see what she has in store next.

5. Rachel Hawkins
Her Hex Hall Series was great. And she affectively blended together many different supernatural creatures. She knew how to throw in things that I didn't always see coming so she was definitely able to keep me on my feet. Something that not all authors can do.

6. Shannon Delany
I know her 13 to Life series got a lot of mixed reviews. And while I won't say her writing was perfect, I still found it refreshing. It was like a breath of fresh air. She knows how to keep her characters true to themselves and that is hard to do in a lot of YA books when the characters are constantly changing, maturing, growing up, etc.... But there were a lot of moments in her books that I just adored and I have to say I love her series.

7. Cynthia Hand
Unearthly absolutely BLEW me away. I love absolutely EVERYTHING about that book. It was amazing to finally see an author show me how two characters came to fall in love with each other instead of just telling me, or doing that way to over used "insta-love" or "destined love". Thank you Ms. Hand for letting people actually fall in love.

8. Jennifer L. Armentrout
The up and coming great author. Her Covenant series is widely loved by a lot of different people as well as her Lux series (which I will admit I haven't read yet... lol, don't kill me I have the first book 'Obsidian' to read, just haven't gotten around to it yet). Her style is refreshing and her dedication to writing is amazing as well. It just seems like she has book after book after book popping out. Wish I were that dedicated to my writing. I look forward to seeing what else she has to bring us. 

9. Cinda Williams Chima
Her writing is absolutely breathe taking and epic. Her stories are adventures that you live and experience alongside her characters. I am always absolutely enthralled with her writing that the world seems almost real (you forget that it's not the world that you live in, but you wish it where). 

10. Becca FitzPatrick
Okay... I know a lot of people hated her Hush, Hush series. But I have to admit that I am one of the few who loved it. And still love it. There is just something about her writing that gets to me. Makes me feel mad, sad, happy, tearful (and yes I do cry) all at the same time. I feel for her characters and that is one of the hardest things for an author to do, to be able to draw their readers in and really let them feel the same emotions as their characters. I look forward to seeing what Finale brings us and how she closes her Hush, Hush series.

Well these are my top 10 favorite writers for YA, Ya paranormal and Sci-fi. But who knows, that could always change. I still have soooo many amazing books to read. And so many knew authors to discover. 

Who are you favorite authors. Comment below and share your lists with me. <3

Face Down - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Some music for your enjoyment.
Domo Arigato for visiting my blog <3

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I did this list, Richelle Mead is SO on mine. Great list! :D

Here's my Top 10

Ashley Williams said...

This is the best list! I love CC Hunter.. JLA and so many more on your list. Great job!
Here's my TTT
Ashley
#BookNerd

Karis Jacobstein said...

Of the ones on this list that I've read, I love them, with the exception of Maggie Stiefvater. I just can't get into her books. I've tried so hard... Love CC Hunter, and that took me completely by surprise!

Check out my Top Ten Favorite YA Contemporary Authors HERE!

Also, I have a FANTASTIC giveaway of a SIGNED copy Lauren Oliver's new book, THE SPINDLERS, going on HERE!

Holly Harris said...

I share many of these fave authors! New follower!

Check out my Top 10

Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

Tanya Patrice said...

Awesome list. I've read (& loved) books by Mead & Stiefvater. I have a few books by some of the other authors you mentioned on my reading list.

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

Hex Hall were great books! Funny and easy to read.

TTT fairytale authors @thedailyprophecy

Cassie S. said...

@Anonymous: Richelle Mead is amazing.

@Ashley: They are both great. Thank you.

@Karis: Don't feel back. I have heard from a lot of people who just couldn't get into Maggie's writing style. =D

@Holly: Thank you for following my blog. And yes, they are all amazing and I am sure they still have a ton of amazing books to bring us.

@Tanya: You will definitely have to get to them sometime. All of these authors are amazing.

@Mel: Yes they were.

ninest123 said...

louis vuitton, canada goose, pandora jewelry, replica watches, canada goose outlet, moncler, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg pas cher, marc jacobs, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, pandora charms, sac louis vuitton pas cher, links of london, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, canada goose, hollister, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, coach outlet, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, bottes ugg, pandora charms, moncler, thomas sabo, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, canada goose, moncler, supra shoes, canada goose outlet

ninest123 said...

insanity workout, baseball bats, hollister, nike roshe, ghd, nfl jerseys, new balance, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, wedding dresses, valentino shoes, hollister, timberland boots, louboutin, birkin bag, nike air max, gucci, north face outlet, reebok shoes, beats by dre, bottega veneta, toms shoes, hollister, asics running shoes, mcm handbags, oakley, vans shoes, instyler, jimmy choo shoes, converse outlet, nike air max, ferragamo shoes, longchamp, herve leger, chi flat iron, north face outlet, converse, soccer jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ralph lauren, montre pas cher, lululemon, vans, ray ban, soccer shoes, babyliss, karen millen, p90x workout, lancel, mont blanc

ninest123 said...

air force, ralph lauren uk, timberland, nike blazer, lululemon, oakley pas cher, michael kors, nike huarache, nike air max, nike free run uk, michael kors, north face, michael kors outlet, nike air max, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, hermes, vanessa bruno, burberry, nike trainers, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors, vans pas cher, ray ban uk, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, sac guess, true religion jeans, coach purses, nike air max, converse pas cher, replica handbags, new balance pas cher, hollister, hogan, ray ban pas cher, burberry outlet online, hollister pas cher, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, lacoste pas cher, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, tn pas cher, mulberry, nike roshe, north face

ninest123 said...

louboutin outlet, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, nike free, jordan shoes, prada handbags, longchamp outlet, air jordan pas cher, replica watches, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louboutin pas cher, christian louboutin outlet, coach outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, prada outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, replica watches, kate spade outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, kate spade handbags, nike free, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, air max, nike air max, sac longchamp, gucci outlet, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, nike roshe run, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, longchamp, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, burberry, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet