Wednesday, October 03, 2012

W.W.W. Wednesdays (31)

W.W.W. Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play simply answer the questions below:

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones. So far it is an okay book, but there's nothing about it that has really caught my attention. Or captured my heart. I haven't really connected with any of the characters and the only one that I started to like has barely made an appearance in the book after the first chapter or so. There are still 5 more books in this series after this first one, so I am hoping that it gets better after the first on. I still have about half way to go with this one so we will see. Something else that really annoys me are how long the chapters are. I really REALLY hate really long chapters. LOL. And there are some in this book that are a good 40 page chapters, that's just crazy in my opinion. 

What did you recently finish reading?
The last book I finished reading was Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones. I LOVED that book, but then again I have loved everything Ms. Jones has written so that is no surprise. The Charley Davidson Series is one of my current favorites. However, I do need to finish reading The Lure of Shapinsay by Krista Holle. I started it but after about half way through it I had to put it aside and start reading something else. It was just getting on my nerves so much that I couldn't take it any more. I had read nothing much good reviews for it, so I was expecting to love it, but it just wasn't meant to be. I will finish it eventually though, because I promised the author a review on my blog and I won't let her down. =D 

What do you think you'll read next?
Next I am going to read Supernaturally by Kiersten White. This is the sequel to Paranormalcy. I really enjoyed Paranormalcy so I am hoping that I will like this one just as much. 0/o I just realized that I'm going to be going from one faerie book to the next.... Oh dang it, dang you random.org (I randomly pick which book I am going to read next by that website). I will just have to keep my fingers crossed. =D


What book(s) are you reading?
What book(s) did you just finish?
What book(s) are you going to read next?

4 comments:

Irish said...

Its never fun when you can't connect with the main characters in a story. Especially with a long series such as the one you are reading. Hopefully things get better for you. I have the first Charlie Davidson book on audio waiting for me to listen to...I think I need to take a long road trip some where so I can get through my audiobooks faster! Supernaturally was just as cute as Paranormalcy. I liked it a lot and soon I hope to find time to read the third and final book in the series.


My WWW Wednesday is here.

patricia burroughs said...

Here through WWW and let me say, omg, I love-love-love your page design. Also, I had to look up the word anfractuous. (Did I spell that correctly? It's not in front of me so I am not sure.) I am gushing, but truly, what a gorgeous design and art!

And now I am going to investigate some of the books you've pegged, because your comments (and I'll admit, the covers) intrigue me, oh yes, they do.

http://planetpooks.com/www-wednesday-october-3-2012/

Kwizgiver said...

I haven't heard of any of your books, but the covers are inviting.

Cassie S. said...

@Irish: Yea... I am keeping my fingers crossed that it gets better and more captivating. I love the Charley Davidson Series, you should really give the audio a go around (on one of your long vacations... LOL can I join? =D). I am sure you would enjoy it. And I look forward to reading Supernaturally. I have had it for a little while now, bout time I read it.

@Patricia Burroughs: Thanks =D. A great lady named Lea from LC's Adventures in Libraryland did the design for me. She has a blog design page you can check her blog out here! if you are interested in a makeover =D. She's a wonderful lady, and VERY patient. I should know (I was a rather demanding client >.<). You almost spelled it right, but no worries, it took me a while to really remember how to spell it correctly and my auto correct still tells me its not a correct word, so no worries. Once you find out the meaning of the word, check out my blog ago and see how it's the words "curve" on the blog. It will make a lot of sense. =D

@Kwizgiver: Haven't heard from you in a while. Glad to see that your back =D. They are interesting books. You should check into them if you have the chance.