Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (3)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme created by Jill at Breaking The Spine in which bloggers can share books they're excited to get soon.




Author: Erica Lorraine Scheidt
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: January 15, 2013
Page Count: 240

Anna remembers a time before boys, when she was little and everything made sense. When she and her mom were a family, just the two of them against the world. But now her mom is gone most of the time, chasing the next marriage, bringing home the next stepfather. Anna is left on her own - until she discovers that she can make boys her family. From Desmond to Joey, Todd to Sam, Anna learns that if you give boys what they want, you can get what you need. But the price is high—the other kids make fun of her; the girls call her a slut. Anna's new friend, Toy, seems to have found a way around the loneliness, but Toy has her own secrets that even Anna can't know.

Then comes Sam. When Anna actually meets a boy who is more than just useful, whose family eats dinner together, laughs, and tells stories, the truth about love becomes clear. And she finally learns how it feels to have something to lose - and something to offer. Real, shocking, uplifting, and stunningly lyrical, Uses for Boys is a story of breaking down and growing up.

So lately I have been on a YA Contemporary craze. Uses for Boys just caught my eye today in fact. At first it was the cover, I couldn't stop looking at it, it was that gorgeous to me and then I read the synopsis for it and I was instantly captured. It is so different then what I am used to, but at the same time you can already tell that it will be a book about growing up and learning how to overcome a hard-knock life. & those kinds of books are always interesting to me. It is only 240 pages, so it's relatively short, but I already can't wait to read this one. =D

What book are you waiting on?

12 comments:

Tanya Patrice said...

Ooh what a gorgeous cover! Thanks for sharing this one - it looks amazing.

Ashley said...

Great choice! I've been dying to read this book too. The cover is insanely gorgeous and the synopsis sounds just as fabulous! I hope we both love this book. :)

My Waiting on Wednesday

Dani @ Refracted Light said...

This does sound very good... a stock-up-on-tissues book for sure, but it sounds like it would have a happy ending. :) Great pick!

Our WoW

Missy Frye said...

Fantastic choice! I added this one to my list last week and eagerly anticipate its release.

If you get a chance, visit my WoW.

biochemguy said...

This has been a pretty popular pick lately! Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

Martina Koleva said...

I already have this one on my to-read list and I would love to get my hands on it. It sounds amazing. Plus I already have it from NetGalley... Great pick!
Come check out my WOW post.

Chey said...

Great choice! I can't wait to read this one either. :)

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

This has been on my tbr for quite a while. I got approved on NetGalley and I can't wait to read it.
My WoW

Cassie S. said...

@Tanya: The cover really is quite gorgeous.

@Ashley: I agree with you on everything. Can't wait to read it.... January is so far away. lol.

@Dani: I have been getting more and more into emotional coming of age stories. I think this one will fit right in. Can't wait to read it.

@Missy: I barely found it yesterday, but can't wait to read it already.

@Bio Chem Guy: I hadn't even noticed it around, but I have been hearing that from a lot of people. Seems like there are a lot of people who can't wait to read it.

@Martina: Same here. Can't wait to get my copy.

@Chey: =D

@Sandra: Ohhhh.... Lucky you. I have a NetGalley but for some reason I just can't seem to read online books. I never get them finished. =[

ninest123 said...

louis vuitton, canada goose, pandora jewelry, replica watches, canada goose outlet, moncler, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg pas cher, marc jacobs, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, pandora charms, sac louis vuitton pas cher, links of london, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, canada goose, hollister, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, coach outlet, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, bottes ugg, pandora charms, moncler, thomas sabo, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, canada goose, moncler, supra shoes, canada goose outlet

ninest123 said...

air force, ralph lauren uk, timberland, nike blazer, lululemon, oakley pas cher, michael kors, nike huarache, nike air max, nike free run uk, michael kors, north face, michael kors outlet, nike air max, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, hermes, vanessa bruno, burberry, nike trainers, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors, vans pas cher, ray ban uk, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, sac guess, true religion jeans, coach purses, nike air max, converse pas cher, replica handbags, new balance pas cher, hollister, hogan, ray ban pas cher, burberry outlet online, hollister pas cher, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, lacoste pas cher, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, tn pas cher, mulberry, nike roshe, north face

ninest123 said...

louboutin outlet, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, nike free, jordan shoes, prada handbags, longchamp outlet, air jordan pas cher, replica watches, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louboutin pas cher, christian louboutin outlet, coach outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, prada outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, replica watches, kate spade outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, kate spade handbags, nike free, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, air max, nike air max, sac longchamp, gucci outlet, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, nike roshe run, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, longchamp, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, burberry, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet