Saturday, December 29, 2012

Review: Bloodfever (Fever #2)


Author: Karen Marie Moning
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Release Date: October 16, 2007
Page Count: 296
Source: The Library
Read Between: December 03 - December 04, 2012
Buy It: Amazon / B&N / The Book Depository

I used to think my sister and I were just two nice southern girls who'd get married in a few years and settle down to a quiet life. Then I discovered that Alina and I descend, not from good whole-some southern stock, but from an ancient Celtic bloodline of powerful sidhe-seers, people who can see the Fae. Not only can I see the terrifying otherworldly race, but I can sense the sacred Fae relics that hold the deadliest of their magic.

When my sister was found dead in a trash-filled alley in Dublin, I came over to get answers. Now all I want is revenge. And after everything I've learned about myself, I know I have the power to get it....

MacKayla Lane's ordinary life underwent a complete makeover when she landed on Ireland's shores and was plunged into a world of deadly sorcery and ancient secrets. 

In her fight to stay alive, Mac must find the Sinsar Dubh - a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over both the world of the Fae and of Man. Pursued by Fae assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she cannot trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and irresistible men: V'lane, the insatiable Fae who can turn sensual arousal into an obsession for any woman, and the ever-inscrutable Jericho Barrons, a man as alluring as he is mysterious.

For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them...

Opening Sentence: All of us have our little problems and insecurities.

Review:

Warning: This is an adult paranormal book

I have to say, I didn't enjoy this addition to the Fever series as much as I did the first book.

I really enjoyed Darkfever the first book a lot. It was a refreshing and original take on faeries and a different book then I was used to reading. It was also probably the start of my desire to read more adult books then I had been. So to say that I was excited to read Bloodfever, the next book in the Fever series would have been an understatement. Yet, there was something that kept me from enjoying it as much as I would have liked.

And I think I know what it was. I think I was hoping for more of a romance in this book then came around. I wanted some love between Mac and Barrons. They are just so awesome together (even if they are fighting and bickering with one another most of the time). I wanted some hot and steamy between them, but when we finally get a scene with them kissing, I ended up more confused then ever. I'm not quite sure what happened between them in that cave, because unfortunately by that point (the end of the book practically) I was at the point where I was just skimming through the pages.

Another disappointment with this book is that I don't think anything new was really contributed. Mac and Barrons are still on rocky grounds "relationship" wise (if not even rockier grounds). We still haven't learned really anything about Barrons or what he really is or what his goal really is. V'lane is still seducing Mac and confusing her about everything else. The "shadowed" book, that needs to be found is no closer to be found. The Dark Lord was only present briefly, we did learn though that he can be frightened off by Barrons, for some reason. No real answers there....

What did Bloodfever do for this series, but manage to confuse me even more about what is going on.

I wanted some answers. I wanted some romance. I wanted some character development. And unfortunately, I didn't get any of those. I am no closer to understanding what is really going on then I was in the original book. I can only imagine what Faefever will bring me. All I can hope for is that it will clear up some of the confusion that the first 2 books in this series have managed to leave me with.

Keeping my fingers crossed.


4 comments:

ninest123 said...

longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, chanel handbags, nike air max, louis vuitton, replica watches, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ugg boots, nike roshe run, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, longchamp pas cher, louboutin pas cher, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, gucci outlet, nike air max, nike free, oakley sunglasses, nike free, michael kors, tiffany jewelry, prada handbags, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike outlet, louboutin shoes, louboutin outlet, sac longchamp, ugg boots, louis vuitton, air jordan pas cher, burberry, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co

ninest123 said...

ugg boots, burberry, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, hollister, new balance pas cher, lacoste pas cher, nike free run uk, true religion outlet, nike air max, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, nike air max, michael kors, replica handbags, timberland, vanessa bruno, kate spade handbags, nike blazer, true religion jeans, north face, converse pas cher, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet, ray ban uk, michael kors, oakley pas cher, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet, sac guess, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, tn pas cher, air force, michael kors, coach purses, abercrombie and fitch, michael kors, hermes, hogan, lululemon, nike roshe, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren uk, mulberry, nike air max, north face, hollister pas cher

ninest123 said...

insanity workout, valentino shoes, vans, beats by dre, celine handbags, nike air max, mont blanc, nike roshe, ralph lauren, nike trainers, converse outlet, bottega veneta, giuseppe zanotti, ferragamo shoes, herve leger, asics running shoes, louboutin, vans shoes, longchamp, soccer shoes, mac cosmetics, jimmy choo shoes, new balance, hollister, soccer jerseys, hollister, p90x workout, lululemon, north face outlet, chi flat iron, wedding dresses, north face outlet, nike huarache, nike air max, hollister, gucci, oakley, iphone cases, birkin bag, timberland boots, baseball bats, reebok shoes, ray ban, abercrombie and fitch, ghd, mcm handbags, babyliss, nfl jerseys, instyler, converse

ninest123 said...

moncler, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, swarovski crystal, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, moncler, supra shoes, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora charms, moncler, canada goose, swarovski, lancel, barbour jackets, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, moncler, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, karen millen, moncler, barbour, canada goose, hollister, montre pas cher, marc jacobs, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, toms shoes, moncler, replica watches, sac louis vuitton pas cher, bottes ugg, doudoune canada goose, juicy couture outlet, ugg boots uk, ugg pas cher, links of london, canada goose, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose, louis vuitton, coach outlet