Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Phoebe Pope Blog Tour: Phoebe Pope and the Year of Four Book Review + An Author Interview


HI LOVELIES!!!! I am so excited to be one of the stop's for the Blog Tour of Phoebe Pope and the Year of Four by the lovely Nya Jade. This Blog Tour is being hosted by Giselle @ Xpresso Book Tours. Today I have the great pleasure to bring you not only my review for Phoebe Pope and the Year of Four but also an amazing Author Interview with Nya. Enough with my ramblings go check out the awesomeness below.




Author: Nya Jade
Publisher: Dreamewell Publishing
Release Date: October 30, 2012
Page Count: 335
Source: Copy from Nya
Read Between: February 18 - February 20, 2013
Buy It: Amazon / B&N / 

The students of Green Lane Academy roam their halls unaware that below their manicured campus exists a prestigious school of an entirely different kind . . .

Sixteen-year-old Phoebe Pope has enrolled at the Campus Below: a spy academy for shape-shifters hidden deep beneath the grounds of a boarding school whose humans unknowingly protect it. There, thanks to a carefully planned schedule, she leads a double life: spy trainee Below and normal teenager Above.

As if two course loads, concealing a secret power she alone wields, and coping with her father’s recent death weren’t enough, Phoebe finds herself developing major feelings for actor and teen heartthrob Colten Chase, who attends the Campus Above and appears to be majoring in winning Phoebe’s heart. But when officials learn that Phoebe may be at the center of a startling prophecy, she becomes the target of shape-shifting assassins who will stop at nothing to suppress the truth.

Now Phoebe’s lessons about Shaper’s enemies and spycraft take on great importance as a menace stalks the campus, with Phoebe as its target. Meanwhile, what began as an unlikely relationship with Colten, quickly morphs into heartache when she suspects that something sinister lurks beneath this movie star’s glitter and fame. Suddenly, Phoebe’s caught in a mesh of lies, betrayals, and danger where she doesn’t know who to trust, and needs to rely on herself - and her secret power - to get to the truth and to stay alive.

Review:

A school a shape-shifting spies that lurk under a seemingly normal school... Oh yea, I needed to read this one as soon as I heard about it. So I quickly signed up to join the Blog Tour for it. And I am thoroughly satisfied that I did.

I enjoyed all the characters in this read. Phoebe was an interesting lead character and I don't think I ever once found myself annoyed by her, which is hard because most lead characters usually annoy me some how. I even like Colten. Their blooming relationship was okay for me, I don't really like relationships where one person is instantly attracted or only has eyes for the other person, just doesn't seem real to me. But there may be a reason behind this as well... My lips are sealed though, I won't reveal any spoilers for those who haven't read this one yet.

There were a few points in this read were I kind of got a "I am Number Four" feel. Where there are a certain amount of "special" people with powers and a group is out to kill them and they must be protected at all costs, kinda feeling. But it didn't take away or distract from the read because there is still enough difference to it that it didn't feel like a copy of that book, either.

Overall, I really enjoyed this read and would definitely recommend it to other. Nya Jade is an absolute doll and I really look forward to reading more books from her. I can't wait until a sequel for this comes out so I can read where she is going to take up next in this wonderful adventure.




Now it's time for the Author Interview:

First, tell us a little bit about yourself.
Sure! Thank you so much for hosting me today! I'm grateful for this opportunity. I'm a soul/pop singer-songwriter as well as a debut author. A few years ago, I decided to take a break from my hectic music career. But after years of writing songs and performing live shows, my brain and soul needed another artistic outlet. I turned to writing. It's been fun exploring another creative side of me. In terms of something folks may not know about me....Well, I'm a great cook, but I don't enjoy cooking!

1. Have you always know you wanted to be a writer?
I've always enjoyed telling stories and I've done that through the songs I've written. When I started writing my novel, it felt like a natural extension of my creative self.

2. Do any of the characters in your book resemble people you know in your real life?
I borrowed the names of people I know, but I don't think the characters resemble any of them.

3. Do you work from an outline, or just sit down and write?
I didn't use an outline for Phoebe Pope and the Year of Four. I had a general idea of where I wanted the story to go, but it took awhile to get into the groove. Even though I have an outline for the next installment, I'm discovering that I'm more of a “sit-and-write” kinda gal.

4. Who has been your easiest character to write about? Your hardest?
Phoebe was the easiest character to write because I share a few of her personality traits. Colten was harder. I had to find a way to make him relatable even though he's a major movie star.

5. Is there anything in particular that you would like to say to your readers?
You all rock!
I have a great appreciation for all of my readers. I really do. Everyone has shown me such kindness and enthusiasm and I'm humbled by it. There's a link at the end of Phoebe Pope and the Year of Four that will take readers to where they can download free mp3s from my album, The Road To Adam. It's my small way of saying thank you.

What is your favorite:

Pepsi or Coke?
Coke

Dog or Cat?
Cat

California or New York?
California
 
Hot Dog or Burrito?
Burrito

Just for fun:

How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck if a Woodchuck could chuck wood?
Depends. Lazy Wood Chuck or active one? Ha! A Wood Chuck would chuck as much Wood as a Wood Chuck could if a Wood Chuck could chuck wood.



Nya is a soul/pop singer-songwriter as well as a debut author. A few years ago, she decided to take a break from her hectic music career. But after years of writing songs and performing live shows, her brain and soul needed another artistic outlet. She turned to writing. It's been fun exploring another creative side of herself.


@TheNyaJade

Thank you all for stopping by my blog. I hope you have a ton of fun on this Blog Tour. Thank you once again to the amazing Nya Jade for the copy of Phoebe Pope and the Year of Four as well as taking the time to give us this amazing Author Interview. Take care my Lovelies. <3 XOXOXOXO

10 comments:

Kyle said...

this book looks promising im going to list this one out on my wishlist of books

Ann@Blogging-Profits-Unleashed said...

Fabulous cover and great author interview! I wish I had requested this one of netgalley! I want it so badly.

AshleyProfit said...

this book looks good enough for me I might enjoy this one

How to make money fast said...

Double Your Money in a Day will teach you how to make money fast no matter which way the stock market is moving. The teachings from Double Your Money in a Day will be a lifelong investment that can help enable you for success.

No win no fee. said...

My Claims Centre is a team of highly professional lawyers, which offer our clients a friendly, personable and proactive approach. Our unique approach to the industry appreciates every client is different; every legal problem unique, as such we offer specifically tailored advice to suit you.

-b9 said...

Q: Can anyone tell me the difference between K2 and IQ? A: Nthn. In Seventh-Heaven, we gitt'm both for eternity HawrHawr Neeeed summore thots, ideers, raw wurdz or ironclad iconoclasms? Yay! Voila!

VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI: As an ex-writer of the sassy, savvy, schizophenia we all go through in this lifelong demise, I just wanna help U.S. git past the whorizontal more!ass! we're in (Latin: words to [the] wise)...

"This finite existence is only a test, son," God Almighty told me in my coma. "Far beyond thy earthly tempest is where you'll find tangible, corpulent eloquence" (paraphrased). Lemme tella youse without d'New Joisey accent...

I actually saw Seventh-Heaven when we died: you couldn't GET any moe curly, party-hardy-endorphins, extravagantly-surplus-lush Upstairs when my beautifull, brilliant, bombastic girly-girl passed-away due to those wry, sardonic satires.

"Those who are wise will shine as brightly as the expanse of the Heavens, and those who have instructed many in uprightousness as bright as stars for all eternity" -Daniel 12:3

Here's also what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

Go git'm, girl. You're incredible. See you Upstairs. I won't be joining'm in the nasty Abyss where Isis prowls
thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com
infowars.com
-YOUTHwitheTRUTH
-------------------------------
PS Need summore unique, uncivilized, useless names? Lemme gonna gitcha started, brudda:

Oak Woods, Franky Sparks, Athena Noble, Autumn Rose, Faith Bishop, Dolly Martin, Willow Rhodes, Cocoa Major, Roman Stone, Bullwark Burnhart, Magnus Wilde, Kardiak Arrest, Will Wright, Goldy Silvers, Penelope Summers, Sophie Sharp, Violet Snow, Lizzy Roach, BoxxaRoxx, Aunty Dotey, Romero Stark, Zacharia Neptoon, Mercurio Morrissey, Fritz & Felix Franz, Victor Payne, Isabella Silverstein, Mercedes Kennedy, Redding Rust, Phoenix Martini, Ivy Squire, Sauer Wolfe, Yankee Cooky, -blessed b9...

God blessa youse
(trust-in-Jesus)
-Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

ninest123 said...

longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, chanel handbags, nike air max, louis vuitton, replica watches, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ugg boots, nike roshe run, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, longchamp pas cher, louboutin pas cher, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, gucci outlet, nike air max, nike free, oakley sunglasses, nike free, michael kors, tiffany jewelry, prada handbags, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike outlet, louboutin shoes, louboutin outlet, sac longchamp, ugg boots, louis vuitton, air jordan pas cher, burberry, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co

ninest123 said...

ugg boots, burberry, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, hollister, new balance pas cher, lacoste pas cher, nike free run uk, true religion outlet, nike air max, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, nike air max, michael kors, replica handbags, timberland, vanessa bruno, kate spade handbags, nike blazer, true religion jeans, north face, converse pas cher, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet, ray ban uk, michael kors, oakley pas cher, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet, sac guess, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, tn pas cher, air force, michael kors, coach purses, abercrombie and fitch, michael kors, hermes, hogan, lululemon, nike roshe, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren uk, mulberry, nike air max, north face, hollister pas cher

ninest123 said...

insanity workout, valentino shoes, vans, beats by dre, celine handbags, nike air max, mont blanc, nike roshe, ralph lauren, nike trainers, converse outlet, bottega veneta, giuseppe zanotti, ferragamo shoes, herve leger, asics running shoes, louboutin, vans shoes, longchamp, soccer shoes, mac cosmetics, jimmy choo shoes, new balance, hollister, soccer jerseys, hollister, p90x workout, lululemon, north face outlet, chi flat iron, wedding dresses, north face outlet, nike huarache, nike air max, hollister, gucci, oakley, iphone cases, birkin bag, timberland boots, baseball bats, reebok shoes, ray ban, abercrombie and fitch, ghd, mcm handbags, babyliss, nfl jerseys, instyler, converse

ninest123 said...

moncler, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, swarovski crystal, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, moncler, supra shoes, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora charms, moncler, canada goose, swarovski, lancel, barbour jackets, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, moncler, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, karen millen, moncler, barbour, canada goose, hollister, montre pas cher, marc jacobs, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, toms shoes, moncler, replica watches, sac louis vuitton pas cher, bottes ugg, doudoune canada goose, juicy couture outlet, ugg boots uk, ugg pas cher, links of london, canada goose, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose, louis vuitton, coach outlet